"Spinning tires" ticket. Questions.

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
A few nights ago, I was out in the L and came up to a road with no one on it and a small straight, so I got into it a bit (enough to get the back end out a little bit and kick the tires), and there happened to be a L.E.O hiding, so I got a ticket for "Spinning tires."

My questions are these:

1) Is there a way to go through all this without it showing up on my record?
1a) If yes, how so?

2) Just to clarify, if I had done that same thing, but with traffic around, specifically on-coming traffic, it could have been "reckless driving," correct?

3) What is the average fine amount for a ticket like this?

I fully admit that I did it, and I'm willing to pay for it, etc. I just want to avoid anything getting on my record, if at all possible.

Thanks in advance.:beer:

04spinbra

Established Member
A few nights ago, I was out in the L and came up to a road with no one on it and a small straight, so I got into it a bit (enough to get the back end out a little bit and kick the tires), and there happened to be a L.E.O hiding, so I got a ticket for "Spinning tires."

My questions are these:

1) Is there a way to go through all this without it showing up on my record?
1a) If yes, how so?

2) Just to clarify, if I had done that same thing, but with traffic around, specifically on-coming traffic, it could have been "reckless driving," correct?

3) What is the average fine amount for a ticket like this?

I fully admit that I did it, and I'm willing to pay for it, etc. I just want to avoid anything getting on my record, if at all possible.

Thanks in advance.:beer:

so you have to go to court??? thats why you ask about how much it would be for that ticket?? i got that ticket but i got a reckless driving, i had to go to an "automatic court date".. the officer told me i could lose my license, he could take me to jail, and he could take my car because i got maybe a 1/4 of a foot sideways.. the judge down graded to careless and told me the same thing as the officer but then told me that the officer shouldnt of wrote as wreckless.. i had probation for a year which was the ruling but paid the $275 fine and got off with nothing but points on my license!! so good luck!!

txyaloo

Established Member
Did you get the ticket from San Marcos PD? If so, that's a municipal ordinance, and the fine is $121.

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
so you have to go to court??? thats why you ask about how much it would be for that ticket?? i got that ticket but i got a reckless driving, i had to go to an "automatic court date".. the officer told me i could lose my license, he could take me to jail, and he could take my car because i got maybe a 1/4 of a foot sideways.. the judge down graded to careless and told me the same thing as the officer but then told me that the officer shouldnt of wrote as wreckless.. i had probation for a year which was the ruling but paid the $275 fine and got off with nothing but points on my license!! so good luck!!

Yeah, I have a court date, but I think it's the same thing as a speeding ticket, there's a date for it, but I can handle it all through the mail. It's not mandatory.

My goal is to maintain my clean record; the money thing sucks, but it just means I can't really go out too much for a bit until I make that up, and that doesn't bother me.

I was thinking of just going to court and maybe talking to the judge, or something of the sort, but I'm still doing my homework on it. Going straight to the judge rarely seems like the best choice.

Did you get the ticket from San Marcos PD? If so, that's a municipal ordinance, and the fine is $121.

Yes, it was San Marcos PD. Thank you.

How did you find that out?

Last edited:

Invictus

Banned
I would talk to the judge, tell him you have a clean record and that it was uncharacteristic of you to do that, &c... If he's in a good mood perhaps he'll let you off with something lesser. Worst case you just pay the ticket.

txyaloo

Established Member
Yes, it was San Marcos PD. Thank you.

How did you find that out?

San Marcos Municipal Court Fines : Attorney for Students : Texas State University

I'd call the court clerk and see if you're eligible to take defensive driving without seeing the judge. If you are, great. If not, go before the judge and see if they will allow you to take defensive driving.

By taking defensive driving, the ticket won't appear on your record for insurance purposes. Also, you'll get a 10% discount on your insurance.

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
San Marcos Municipal Court Fines : Attorney for Students : Texas State University

I'd call the court clerk and see if you're eligible to take defensive driving without seeing the judge. If you are, great. If not, go before the judge and see if they will allow you to take defensive driving.

By taking defensive driving, the ticket won't appear on your record for insurance purposes. Also, you'll get a 10% discount on your insurance.

Well I feel dumb, I wasn't aware of that page.:smmon:

I've taken defensive driving before for minor speeding tickets, but wasn't sure if that would apply for this. I'll give them a call tomorrow and see what happens.

Worst case is just going to the judge with my checkbook.

Thanks for the help so far guys.:beer:

87Foxbody

Established Member
I Live in Texarkana and i got that same exact ticket about a year ago and it only cost me 120 dollars and it didnt go on my record because the judge said it was actually a noise violation? There was no arguement from me no questions asked I gladly gave them my money and left. If that is not the case for you, you can always ask for the 6 month probaition. They will normally go for that. It dont cost anything just dont mess up for six months or you will have both tickets on your record.

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
I Live in Texarkana and i got that same exact ticket about a year ago and it only cost me 120 dollars and it didnt go on my record because the judge said it was actually a noise violation? There was no arguement from me no questions asked I gladly gave them my money and left. If that is not the case for you, you can always ask for the 6 month probaition. They will normally go for that. It dont cost anything just dont mess up for six months or you will have both tickets on your record.

Did you handle all this in front of the judge?

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member

The insurance discount depends on the insurance company some will give you a discount for it some won't.

Users who are viewing this thread