Spindle/Knuckle Bushings?

Jamie R.

Established Member
That is not what your looking for. I'm not sure where you can get the bushings you seek. Uhm.. I forgot is it bruce on here that sells the irs kits? The guy that sells the kits on here might can get you some of the bushings you seek.

Jamie R.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I'll send him a message and see what he says... thanks man.

I replied to your PM but after reading this I may be slightly confused. Normally the hub 'bearing' is what wears out in these IRS knuckle assemblies. Now I think you may be refering to the "Cross Axis Joints" which look like these from MM:

MMIRSB-3.jpg

Normally Track Dawgz that like to road race wear these out?

Please clarify.

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

Solo500

Established Member
I don't know... I'll get back to you but my car just hit 40k. I've only done some spirited driving and done about 10 passes at the track.

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I don't know... I'll get back to you but my car just hit 40k and I've only done some spirited driving and been about 10 passes at the track.

If you've owned the car since new and that is all you've done, my money is on the hub bearing!

FWIW

Solo500

Established Member
I will call him in the morning and see if he can explain further... all he told me was that there were 4 of them.

(P.S. Do you still have your website?)

If you've owned the car since new and that is all you've done, my money is on the hub bearing!

FWIW

Last edited:

slick4_6

Established Member
I have a pop coming from the rear of my car on hard direction changes that I am wondering if that is the culprit. I really have to be turning in hard for it to do it though and it only does it one time for each direction change. On a lift there is no play that I can see trying to check for play by hand.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I have a pop coming from the rear of my car on hard direction changes that I am wondering if that is the culprit. I really have to be turning in hard for it to do it though and it only does it one time for each direction change. On a lift there is no play that I can see trying to check for play by hand.

Did you check the torque on your halfshaft nuts? If not, I would.

While you're at it jack up your car and check the rear wheels for play.

Jamie R.

Established Member
My rear was popping some and turned out my bearings were shot! If you end up needing wheel bearings then let know as I have two I'll let go of for a reasonable price.

Jamie R.

slick4_6

Established Member
Did you check the torque on your halfshaft nuts? If not, I would.

While you're at it jack up your car and check the rear wheels for play.

I have already had to re-torque them one time. I know you probably check yours alot open tracking it. How often do they actually become loose? Is it something that needs to be checked every 10-15k miles?

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I have already had to re-torque them one time. I know you probably check yours alot open tracking it. How often do they actually become loose? Is it something that needs to be checked every 10-15k miles?

If you're going to the track, road racing or drag racing, they should be checked before every event. If it's a street car they chould be checked 3-4 times a year.

If they are coming loose on you, replace the halfshaft nut with a new one and put red loc-tite permanent threadlocker on it. If it still comes loose after that your hub needs to be replaced. And if you're replacing the hub the bearing gets changed automatically.

FWIW

Users who are viewing this thread