Spied: Production hood and nose shape of 2015 Mustang

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
Anyone notice a slight negative camber on that bottem pic of the rear end? That is independant suspension! yay!

2K1 SVT

Established Member
Looks like it'll have a smaller roof line than the current Mustang just based on the hood height

Copper&Black

Established Member
Look like these will be able to take wider tires at the rear. Judging by the protrusion of the gas cap section most likely where the new quarter panel will fall.

Last edited:

ViciousJay

Established Member
the more i see of this car the more im glad i got my 2013, and too all the IRS fanboys the 3 link on these cars can still out handle the shit out of an IRS

younggun04

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
the more i see of this car the more im glad i got my 2013, and too all the IRS fanboys the 3 link on these cars can still out handle the shit out of an IRS

LOL, you have no idea how the new IRS's will handle. This is not an after the fact IRS like in the new edge. Any money says the new IRS mustang will out handle your '13 on a track. I bet you this new mustang will handle more like a European car since that is one of their new target bases since this car is now going global.

I could be wrong but that's my predictions.

From the picture I am excited see the new rear quarters. The gas tank looks about 2 inch + wider.

04svtsnke

Established Member
LOL, you have no idea how the new IRS's will handle. This is not an after the fact IRS like in the new edge. Any money says the new IRS mustang will out handle your '13 on a track. I bet you this new mustang will handle more like a European car since that is one of their new target bases since this car is now going global.

From the picture I am excited see the new rear quarters. The gas tank looks about 2 inch + wider.

+1, there's no doubt ford has learned their lesson from the terminators. Seeing as this one will be purposefully built for this new mustang I foresee increased handling with a better overall ride as well. I wonder how different the v6 IRS will be compared to the gt500 IRS?

ViciousJay

Established Member

haha cant wait for the snapped a half shaft threads to runa muck in 2015 :lol1:

besides bushings and more splines i dont see how much more they can upgrade the IRS

03cobrarocks

Established Member
If the IRS is better than the 03/04s (Which if its not epic fail lol) and you can fit a pretty wide tire on there might be time for a new stang.

04svtsnke

Established Member

besides bushings and more splines i dont see how much more they can upgrade the IRS

Isn't the biggest problem bushings? Upgraded bushings, bigger splines half shafts and a solid differential cover and everything should be ok. I'm looking forward to what they come up with for the Shelby, if its making anywhere near what it's making as far as hp/tq then it should be a stout piece.

younggun04

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member

Cobras are not the only high HP cars that run IRS's :poke: Vettes,5 gen camaro's, Supras to name a few. You don't hear of every high HP car breaking half shafts, how many 6 spd/IRS supras are running 8's? Also I have been running "half shaft breaking" power in my cobra for 5 years now still on the stockers so they can't be that bad.

Do you actually think that the architecture and design of this NEW IRS is even going to be close to the design on the new edge? It's a whole new design on a whole new platform. If ford needs to build it strong enough to take 662HP Like whats in the current '13 GT500 it's bound to be a tough piece.

I have high hopes for the new IRS, I actually really like my IRS. It drives nice on the road and has held up through many passes at the track and on the street.

BlownAway03

Established Member
I never broke a half shaft in my 03 Cobra. I had many strip and street passes. I actually swapped in a built solid axle and eventually went back to the IRS. IRS is better. There's a reason the Mustang is the last car still using a stick axle.

Users who are viewing this thread