Speedster with rollbar?

Last Ride

Established Member
I was just wondering whether or not it would be feasible to get a tonneau (I like the Cervinis two piece unit) and modify it to fit with a 4 or 6 point rollbar in an 03-04 Cobra. Anyone have any experience with this sort of thing?

Bryan

bp03svt

Established Member
You'd have to etheir have a removable rollbar or have two or more sections cut out of the tonneau covers to get them on or off. That would look stupid and not be feasible.

Mike K

مسافر عالمي
Established Member
Somebody on Stangnet did this, he had a 96-98 GT Vert i think, from what i remember it actually looked good. Now i dont think the Roll bar/cage was actually legal to use in drag races.... but then again i dont remember all the details.

Have a look on stangnet, hopefully he is still on there. I would look myself but the military server i am on blocks stangnet, let me know what you find because i am interested in doing this as well.

Good luck,
-Mike

bp03svt

Established Member
Vancouver83LTD said:
mmm, didn't saleen do this on the S-351 SN-95 a few years ago...?

I think what you're thinking about is the light bar they put on them. It's different than a roll bar because it won't protect you during a rollover--just for looks. The light bar can be done easily.

I guess you could fab something that would work and be functional, anything is possible.

Last Ride

Established Member
What about a rollbar with removable points in the rear? You could remove the rear bars (the bars that would pierce the tonneau) and use the hoop as a styling cue similar to the light bar. When it came time to race, remove the tonneau and replace the rear bars. Could something like this be fabbed up and still meet NHRA standards?

Bryan

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
bp03svt said:
I think what you're thinking about is the light bar they put on them. It's different than a roll bar because it won't protect you during a rollover--just for looks. The light bar can be done easily.

I guess you could fab something that would work and be functional, anything is possible.
ahhh, I just vaguely remember an old motor trend article from years ago, didn't know if it was functional or not... Could you make one that mounted to the frame and was basically in the exact same spot as a light bar?

Users who are viewing this thread