Speedo correction for 3.73's with SCT handheld?

mustang addict

Established Member
Long story short...broke an axle and decided to upgrade to 3.73's. can I fix the speedo with the SCT tuner or do I have to have Lund do another tune?

Car has the revan racing 13-6 kit...was a little too much for stock axles on drag radials I guess. Lol

TIA

cobraboss

Established Member
Long story short...broke an axle and decided to upgrade to 3.73's. can I fix the speedo with the SCT tuner or do I have to have Lund do another tune?

Car has the revan racing 13-6 kit...was a little too much for stock axles on drag radials I guess. Lol

TIA

Yes, if the tuner isn't locked.

USV8PWR

Established Member
Quite a few on here have bent their axels with hard launches under stock power, so no surprise. What axel brand did you upgrade too?

You can adjust it with just a SCT handheld, but I'm sure Van would send you the adjustment for free, or pretty close to it, since you purchased the 13-6 kit and Lund tune from him in the past. To my understanding, it's a very simple adjustment.

NELCO

Established Member
I adjusted my 3.73's with my SCT handheld but it was still about 2-3mph off GPS speed. I had Jon Lund do it again for me in a tune update and it's pretty spot on now.

TORQJNKY, How do like the 373's? I bought a set from Van, I am still worried about traction. Van's 13-6 kit really woke the car up. I plan on tracking and street.
Thanks, Nelco

TORQJNKY

TORQJNKY, How do like the 373's? I bought a set from Van, I am still worried about traction. Van's 13-6 kit really woke the car up. I plan on tracking and street.
Thanks, Nelco

I like them a lot around town and it still doesn't seem like your turning to many rpms on the highway. As for traction, I'm probably not a good gauge on that because my car is making about 850RWHP right now. The 315 Toyo R888's I have held 3rd gear WOT pulls at about 750RWHP just fine, but not anymore. With the 13-6 kit and a good drag radial, you'll love them.

Planeswalker

Established Member
If you got your tuner from Van then Lund probably did the tune and Lund leaves everything unlocked. I use this site to compare different tire sizes and get the revs per miles, seems to work well. Tire size calculator

As for 3.73s; stock tires wouldn't hold at all with bolt ons. I had my stock PP wheels widened to 11" and got some NT05R 315/20s and they are amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread