Speedo and radio quit working...

bolinger06

Established Member
I did a search and cant find the answer. Last night i left my lights on and the battery went dead, so today i jumped it and started it and drove it home. On the way home the tach worked but the speedo never moved and the radio wont play anything. Its an aftermarket headunit with flip out screen. I can get the screen to open and close and all the buttons work but the screen is very faint and it wont play a cd. I checked all the fuses under the hood and down by the pedals. I have power to my seat, and the key fob works. I have a speed cal and both power outlets seem to be working. Anyone have ne ideas..I didn't hit any bumps or nething to make it short out, just jumped it this smorning and things started messing up. Any ideas?

Team Dave

I broke something
Established Member
Check the wiring to those fuses. I was trying to re-wire my fog lights the ghetto way a while back (wired to the dash lights, so they'd come on with the driving lights), and I would blow random fuses under the dash since I wasn't sure which one was the correct one (3 or 4 of them all say about the same thing). Pull out your owner's manual and mark down each fuse it could possibly be, then check the wiring to and from those fuses. Could very well be your issue IMO.

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
definitley sounds like a fuse.... Check the fuses under the drivers side underdash... Sometimes jumping a car will send a spike of electricity, shorting out a few fuses.. If you cant test them with a volt meter, just pull every fuse and look for a btoken fillament(sp)..

bolinger06

Established Member
not to sure what was wrong, guessing maybe a fuse had popped out instead of blew. I just took out every single fuse i could find and check all of them and they all looked good and i hadn't tried to start again then i went out and figured id just mess around and try some stuff and i turned it on and the radio came on and the speedo worked so who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread