SPEEDKORE Carbon Fiber GT350R

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Saw this beauty at the Fabulous Fords Forever show. 400lbs lighter than your dad's GT350R. Big balls needed to go in and cut one of these bad boys up to replace with CF. Came out LEGIT though. Panel fitment and weave of the carbon fiber was beautiful

2E243622-50E2-4875-BCC4-9E85C2713412.jpg

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Wow! 526HP. +/-3300 lbs. I bet that thing flies now. That's something I dream of doing to my GT500, if I ever won the Mega Millions.

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Well, I did zoom in. But how do we know this isn't a carbon fiber type wrap over the metal sections?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
I had to ask the guys about it. Looking at the door jamb you could see the thickness of the weave. They had to go through and cut out a lot of the sheet metal. They were able to get the dimensions for all the panels from Ford through some program that I can't quite remember the name of. Then made the parts in CF to match he exact dimensions.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
We need @treynor to do this and report back with the performance benefits. Not that any of us could afford to replicate it, but it's nice to dream.

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
We need @treynor to do this and report back with the performance benefits. Not that any of us could afford to replicate it, but it's nice to dream.
Being that it's a unibody, I'm skeptical of performance gains around a track. I would think that it could add flex to wherever metal meets the CF. I could be wrong, I have zero experience when it comes to this. Just me trying to wrap my head around it.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Maybe it has a CF chassis, too. OP, did you get a luck under the car or under the hood?

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
Wow that is cool, and like someone said with the weight reduction this thing must fly! But my thing is will it be worth a fraction of what he has done? $500k is crazy to just loose if he sells..Really hurts the value imo of a rare R model..But who am I, his choice and looks killer

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Wow that is cool, and like someone said with the weight reduction this thing must fly! But my thing is will it be worth a fraction of what he has done? $500k is crazy to just loose if he sells..Really hurts the value imo of a rare R model..But who am I, his choice and looks killer

He'll definitely never see a return on that investment, but it'll probably still bring more than an unmolested R, so long as it's not a leaky rattle trap now.

mike.s

Established Member
the business this will bring him will probably more than make up for the loss he takes in depreciation. ford could easily use thousands of hoods, trunk lids, and front fenders on future halo cars to shave some weight. they have already shown an interest in using carbon fiber, so why not

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Good point! I think Ford is going to acquire Carbon Revolution, though, to bring the CF operations in-house to control costs. However, if all of this guy's work is as good as this, they might look into his business, too. OEM CF body panels on a Mustang? Yes, please!

Users who are viewing this thread