Speeding Tickets......

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
$340 dollars. Drunk as shit and headed to the strip club, ****ed with a ricer and passed a parked cop (lights off) at 80+mph in a 45. I was happy to pay it, much cheaper than a DUI.

*edit* This was several years ago before I had the cobra. I've also got alittle more sense now than I did back then.

Last edited:

Taz

Established Member
SPXTrader said:
What was the worst you got?

Long, long ago ...

:shrug:

120+ in a 30-mph zone

:nonono:

2:30 in the morning

Outran pursuit vehicle

:nono:

Ignored all traffic control devices

Did not outrun radio in pursuit vehicle

:uh oh:

Eventually stopped by Highway Patrol road block.

:eek:

Don't ask ...

:rolleyes:

T-

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
The one ticket I've had I got passing through maxwell New mexico on I-25. On my way back from Arizona to Colorado. Clocked going 83 in a 75. $104.00 ticket.

I did when I was stil in high school get pulled over for street racing. I had a turbocharged focus at the time and was racing a GSX eclipse. We passed the cop going 80+ mph. I pulled right over, the other guy kept going. Cop let me off with a warning.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
70 in a 40 while i was a senior in high school

Girl friend called me told me her parents were gone so.......well you get the picture

$358 and 5 points. he clocked me at 76 which was more than enough to take me to jail but he cut me a break and called it 70 (31 over is reckless)

txrunsvt

I run fast.
Established Member
63 in a 50 construction zone. Damn cop was going the other direction on the road and turned around. Would have been near $280 but I was 16 so I went to teen court and got 40hrs community service.

americanthunder

nuts and bolts
Established Member
Taz said:
Long, long ago ...

:shrug:

120+ in a 30-mph zone

:nonono:

2:30 in the morning

Outran pursuit vehicle

Ignored all traffic control devices

Did not outrun radio in pursuit vehicle

:uh oh:

Eventually stopped by Highway Patrol road block.

Don't ask ...

:rolleyes:

T-
long long time ago wasn't that last week :beer: sounds like smokey and the bandit! lol

Last edited:

Taz

Established Member
americanthunder said:
long long time ago wasn't that last week :beer: sounds like smokey and the bandit! lol

Hahahaha! No, if this had happened in recent times, my offense would certainly have landed me in the slammer, and would probably have resulted in a death sentence. Fortunately, back in the day, Arizona really was the "wild west," and those of us who lived here LIKED it that way.

Back then, we all subscribed to the philosophy of "no harm, no foul," so the original cop, who finally roared up a few minutes after the HP grabbed me, wrote his ticket (with a couple extra paragraphs on the back of the copy that went to the judge), and we all drove home.
:-D

Nowadays, we have all these immigrant sissy boys clogging up our roads and crying, "Oh Lord, deliver me from that maniac Taz and all those crazy ****s like him!" Eh, better I don't get all revved up again over the Safety Nazi bullshit that Big Brother is ramming down our throats these days.
:mj:

Let's just say shit STILL happens, regardless of how hard we try to protect ourselves from everything, including our own stupidity.
:dw:

Happy trails,
:-D

T-

01_OXFORD_SVT

10th Anni FTMFW
Established Member
120 in 35 mph zone.. While semi intoxicated.... I do mean Semi.. Worst night of my life.......

2x 72's in a 55..

1x no seatbelt..

1x no front license plate......

1x illegal street racing..

1x i forget, it was a fishtail gone wrong.. reckless.

I suck at life... :shrug:

Last edited:

RoyWoods

Established Member
55 mph in a 25 mph zone, in Hawaii, in a 6-cylinder Mustang convertible. The cop was really p***ed off about something and demands I tell him "what could possibly be so important that you needed to race through a 25 mph zone at 55 mph?" I'm like :shrug: "nothing, SIR." He wrote me my ticket, which was close to $200, and sent me on my way.

When we got back to Oklahoma, I called to explain that I'd be missing my court appearance, and asked what I needed to do. I was advised to send payment for the ticket and a letter stating my case. Well, what do you know, I get a letter back stating that the case is dismissed. It wasn't going to be showing up on my record. :bowdown:

lasercobra

No SVT
Established Member
7 speeding tickets
2 warnings (letters) regarding the loss of my license
2 warnings on street racing (because they couldn't get both, they thought it wasn't fare)
1 near miss because I beat a TA that pass (pulled him over and I kept driving)

1 of the 6 above was for $300 85 in a 70 because I was passing someone. The State Trooper was so far behind that I nailed it and tried to run. Someone came off an on ramp and slowed me down so he caught up. Guy asked me if I sped up... uh- no sir...
Ticket was expensive because I was caught by a trooper while in another county. Basically a double fine- state got me and the county.....

SteveChris

Established Member
my first speeding ticket sucked really bad, not for the price (85 in a 65) but for the timing, 2 hours after i bought the cobra.
i was doing almost 100, the cop was behind a bridge abutment so i knew he didnt have me on radar. if he even had one that was on then by the time i was in view i would have been at an 80-something degree angle. so he stops me and some suv that was following me and asks me how fast i was going, i dont know of course and i know he doesnt. he goes an asks the suv guy and idiot says 80. so he comes to me and says he said 80 so youre at least 85. he knew i couldnt fight the ticket cause ilived in MD, got the ticket in indiana..i gve him a NY license too so either way i wasnt traveling to go to court.

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
I've been very lucky for along time (about 15 years) then got 2 tickets in 6 months...after I got the Cobra. One on my f---ing birthday!! Go figure. Nothing dramatic. Before that... 11 points as a young'en. 1970 Mercury Cyclone (351C/Hurst)...just generally to fast....at the wrong time.

How about a ticket we should have gotten? Date: 1971 Place: Village of South Orange, NJ....midnight. I'm with my buddy in his 1969 Yellow Mach 1 (351C)...He decides to drive through the center of town at 120mph...right past the police station. Major pucker factor right there. Could have been very ugly.

Hepcat007

Established Member
Mine is a whopper.....30 in a 25. Wasn't in the cobra. Turned out that the Cop was from my home town (population 500). And he still gave me a ticket.

svt32v99

Suck it!
Established Member
One ticket, 6 days after I got my Cobra. Smyrna, TN. ****ers... Basically, 54 in a 40...1/2 mile down the road it switched to 55. Traffic School and my ticket was gone.

themadgmkillr

99 Cobra...Yeah Baby..!!
Established Member
mine was a 80 in a 65 on her maiden voyage from the dealership, what a hassle because registration was just a paper on the guys desk... :nonono:

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
Reminds me of another close call....Driving my SHO up to Vermont for a ski trip many moons ago....late night NY Thruway...snow on ground, none on road. Start dicing it up with a Beemer. We both pass statie idling on center median...steam coming up from exhaust...lights out. About a 100 plus. You could hear my a-- slam shut. He doesn't move. A few miles up in bumper to bumper traffic I see him sneaking up the left lane so I pull over into right lane with traffic. Play dumb...(not hard). Damn if he doesn't start pacing me... just staying in my blind spot. Told my fiance...don't turn around and look. She didn't. Put his lights on... and pulls guy in front of me over. (Not the Beemer) Charmed life.

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
OK...now I remember...a real ticket. 77 in a 45.... on the southern part of the Garden State Parkway. I didn't notice the construction signs at 2 in the morning. Thanks officer. Ooops. Ouch. Funny thing...I'm glad he didn't see 5 minutes earlier. The beginning of my 11 point slide.

Users who are viewing this thread