Speeding ticket, Need some LEO input please.

96BlackStangGT

Established Member
Well, I'm needing some input on what I should do with this speeding ticket I just got. I was pulled over the other night on my way home from a trip to walmart (3 in the morning, last minute birthday card kinda deal lol). Well, I was headed down the road, speed limit is 40. I honestly wasn't looking at my speed when I first saw the Police Officer. We were both heading in opposite directions driving in the inside lane. I didn't even see him until my eyes cleared the hill I was on (road goes from flat, to a steep hill, then flat again). As soon as he saw me, he made an immediate U-turn. I had my eye on him the second I came over the hill, when he made the U-turn I got over to the outside lane while riding the brakes(I was the only one on the road, so it was either me he was after, or he had a call and I needed to get out of the way). Well, it was me he was after and I immediately pulled over. He comes to my window and asks the usual, Drivers license and registration, please. I hand him them and he says "Well, I pulled you over for speeding, you were going about 10 over". He then says he will be right back. He comes back with a citation for speeding and I sign. He tells me to slow down and have a good night, I say the same. I get home and look at my ticket, and the Officer didn't mark anything. The only thing it said (besides from the normal information) was in writing and said speeding. He didn't put by how much, what the limit of the road was, and also didn't mark how he clocked me. The options were Pace, Radar, Plane, Other, and none were marked. Now if he had clocked me on radar I would think he would have put it down. The only thing I can think of that he could have done is pace me, but he didn't mark it, and honestly I don't see how you can pace someone head on with a hill in the way. The only way he could have would have been after he turned around, in which case I had looked down at my speed while I was braking and i was under the speed limit...So what I am asking is do you think this could be dismissed or proved wrong? I have no problem paying a ticket, and if it can be explained then I will, but if I can get out of it I would love to obviously. Thanks for any and all help!

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
Cliffs? tl;dr

Feel free to go to court and challenge the missing information. The ticket could always be amended and corrected. keep that in mind.

Users who are viewing this thread