Speeding ticket in VA

Narcosynthesis

Knees in the Breeze!
Established Member
Just got a ticket in my crappy ford ranger. 47 in a 35. I have NC plates but the officer wrote on my ticket that they were VA plates. Any way out of it because of this?

Also, can I ask for a continuance for the court date if I will be out of town? It's this monday but I'm flying to California that day.

Thanks,
Alex

Narcosynthesis

Knees in the Breeze!
Established Member
thanks. How about if I can't make the court date since I will be out of town? Will I come back after my vacation with a warrant out for my arrest or something like that?

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
You need to call the court and explain your situation to the clerk and see what they recommend.

I8URZ28

gas mileage is overrated!
Established Member
Narcosynthesis said:
Just got a ticket in my crappy ford ranger. 47 in a 35. I have NC plates but the officer wrote on my ticket that they were VA plates. Any way out of it because of this?

Also, can I ask for a continuance for the court date if I will be out of town? It's this monday but I'm flying to California that day.

Thanks,
Alex

you have to go to court for 12 over? I thought it was 20+ over the posted limit? when I live in newport news I was busted doing 82 in a 55 (long story) and I had to go to court because it was 20+ over--did they change the law?

svt_foci

Don't Answer
Established Member
I8URZ28 said:
you have to go to court for 12 over? I thought it was 20+ over the posted limit? when I live in newport news I was busted doing 82 in a 55 (long story) and I had to go to court because it was 20+ over--did they change the law?

No they didnt... maybe something else happened or just doesnt want to pay the ticket.

Nick85

Banned
Narcosynthesis said:

Thanks,
Alex

Can you ask for a continuance? Absolutely
Also with that mistake on the ticket...you might be able to get out of it. What part of Virginia was this? You can get a lawyer to represent you in court and most likely get it tossed out or knocked down to something even smaller...you 82nd Airborne?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread