Speeding Ticket, 51 in 25, Traffic School?

WhiteSaleen248

Established Member
Am I elligible for traffic school if I go went 26 MPH over speed limit? (Radar 51mph in 25mph) Los Angeles County, California.

Thanks Guys!

96SVT_2_NV

Established Member
In NJ your eligible after your 2nd offense i believe, i went to it, gayest thing ever

oh and by the way your an idiot for going 51 in a 25, i think ive heard from somewhere doubling the speed limit is a loss of liscense

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
is traffic school the same as defensive driving?

if so, in TX i know the answer is no....you can't be going 25mph over the speed limit to be eligible

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
I'm not positive since every court sets those rules, however I would be surprised if you were denied. I would suggest calling the court and checking first before making up your mind on your strategy. In most instances the courts now mail out an information packet that contains school costs and locations, the amount of the fine and all of the details necessary to speed up the process.

Good Luck. :beer:

WhiteSaleen248

Established Member
mswaim said:
I'm not positive since every court sets those rules, however I would be surprised if you were denied. I would suggest calling the court and checking first before making up your mind on your strategy. In most instances the courts now mail out an information packet that contains school costs and locations, the amount of the fine and all of the details necessary to speed up the process.

Good Luck. :beer:

Thanks for the help. Its actually not my ticket but I just knew about this section on our forum so decided to ask :)

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
No problem, the LA courts are pretty streamlined due to the sheer volume they deal with every day. I would imagine the ticket holder will get a mailing from the courts with answers to all of the important questions. On-Line schools abound here in CA, my wife completed a course on-line two years ago - took about an 1 1/2 hours. She passed..........but I did have to help her out a bit. :beer:

jstevens

Established Member
My last ticket was 2002 until recently.

Radar tagged me at 51 in a 35. Judge took it under advisement for a year and traffic school (2 nights @ $50 each).

Just another money maker if you ask me.

Users who are viewing this thread