Speedhut gauges installed

Mac99Snake

GSIP
Established Member
I got out today an installed the gauges, Oil PSI and Water TEMP. I am still waiting on the correct threaded coolant plug for the water temp sensor. So the gauge, although powered is inop. For the oil pressure, I had to switch the stock sending unit to the spare spot on the oil cooler. The Speedhut pressure sensor was too long in that position and would hit the power steering lines.

file_zps1e9c168d.jpg

Next I threaded both lines though some wrap for protection. Its zip tied to the drivers side breather line. You can see the oil sensor line running up next to the cap then joining water temp line. The water temp sensor pigtail is tied against itself until I get the threaded coolant plug.

file_zps760bda08.jpg

You can see I currently have the stainless plug in now. tnuce10 is taking care of me :)

file_zps96ed8015.jpg

Wires run down against the firewall then up through the shift boot.
file_zpsfd449e21.jpg

I then soldered all the wiring together to make the harness.

file_zps6078e546.jpg

I had to finagle with the radio bezel, radio, ac controls and vents to get it all together. For the wiring passthrough I used a Dremel to make a small hole in the vent system behind the ac panel.

file_zps3cb00807.jpg

From there I followed the notes from a previous Speedhut install using fuses 5 (power) and 37 (illumination) as discussed. Using add-a-fuse minis makes it very painless. For the ground, I used a bolt on the fuse panel. Here are the completed pics.

file_zpsf9b9e1a0.jpg

file_zps959c97e9.jpg

file_zpsff7d7e34.jpg

Almost plug and play today. Good times :)

Dark02Pony

Established Member
Great write up! Not crazy about the location of them though but definitely a great job!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Mac99Snake

GSIP
Established Member
Have same radio how do i get Cobra on the screen?

Find a picture you like and copy it to a flash drive. Connect the flash drive to the USB port on the head unit. Copy the picture to the permanent memory of the radio. When thats done, change using the background picture option.

I finally got around to taking a picture of the temp sensor. I ended up using the stock plug, drilling and tapping it out for the sensor. The threads are tight enough that I can use the bolt portion to take the plug out for servicing/burping.

file_zpsc1c49b21.jpg

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
I put the temp sensor in the block under the car!
Nicely done though

Users who are viewing this thread