Speed

ekimv

Established Member
What is the top speed of the 00R? Whatever that top speed is, how fast has anyone here had their cars?

I have been around 170ish, I had plenty of motor left, but never enough track....:dancenana:

Andy M

Established Member
Top speed for the 2000 R is about 170. You will run out of gearing in 5th and then 6th gear is too tall to propell the car much faster. I've done 175 in my old R, but I know the speedometer was about 7 mph off, so I was probably actually doing about 168 or so. THe car felt VERY stable at that speed by the way.

This car was really not made to break straight line speed records. The wing and front splitter make the car very stable at high speeds, but the price you pay is a limit in overall top speed.

All in all though, the R is one very sweet ride! :rockon:

Philcsag1

Established Member
What is the top speed of the 00R? Whatever that top speed is, how fast has anyone here had their cars?

I have been around 170ish, I had plenty of motor left, but never enough track....:dancenana:

what track have you been able to attain that speed at?

Phil

Flying Fred

"Double Nickels"
Established Member

Phil

Great question Phil..... I would like to know the same! I've been at tracks for 9 years and my best is only about 155-160.... and that includes high speed, long straights like Road America and Brainerd. Maybe these guys have been to the Bonneville Salt Flats??? Maybe the Autobahn in Germany? I'm sure hoping it wasn't on any non-race, legal US roads. If so, I'm definitely not riding with those boys!

ekimv

Established Member

Phil

It was at RA going down the back straight just before the #4 marker. That is about the only time i have looked at the speed o (other than seeing Bruce in his speed o at the hotel streaking) just before i broke. I dont know how accurate my speed o is, on the street it seems about 5 MPH off. It may be that it is off by more than that at high speed, I don't know for sure.

This was the lap just before Bruce got in my car and watched me drive, "get your fu#$en hand off the shifter, ITS NOT AN OH SHIT HANDLE!" LMAO! No kidding on that one!. After that ride with Bruce, I stopped looking down at stuff and started paying more attention to where I was on the track and not at the tach or speed o. :dancenana:

wheelhopper

Established Member
Would changing the rear gear ratio make 6th more usable for high speed in the '00R.

Not that it would matter to me. My top speed so far is about 147 at VIR.

Flying Fred

"Double Nickels"
Established Member
It was at RA going down the back straight just before the #4 marker. That is about the only time i have looked at the speed o (other than seeing Bruce in his speed o at the hotel streaking) just before i broke. I dont know how accurate my speed o is, on the street it seems about 5 MPH off. It may be that it is off by more than that at high speed, I don't know for sure.

This was the lap just before Bruce got in my car and watched me drive, "get your fu# hand off the shifter, ITS NOT AN OH SHIT HANDLE!" LMAO! No kidding on that one!. After that ride with Bruce, I stopped looking down at stuff and started paying more attention to where I was on the track and not at the tach or speed o. :dancenana:

Sorry Mike, but I would have to be in the car and see it to believe it. You are talking Griswold speed and he runs low 2:20s, so I think your speedo is off a bit. BTW good idea to not look at it too much - besides the numbers that really matter are lap times.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I think a lot has to do with wheel diameter as well. That can throw a speedo off by quite a bit.

FWIW

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

Users who are viewing this thread