Speed Traps/traffic enforcement(LEO's only)

soon2be03

Established Member
Couple of questions.

1. Are Speed Traps effective? what is considered success?

2. What are the causes for speed traps? IE, there was a wreck due to speed, people just flat out speed in the area, or just random..or D all of the above?

3. Are you creating more of a danger pulling people over and blocking traffic?

4. How much money does your city recieve? Is it large enought to complain that "your tax dollars are being wasted"?

5. What is the difference between speed traps and traffic enforcement? Are they the same?

I am for speed traps and traffic enforcement. However there are people on another thread that believe it is a bad idea and a waste of tax dollars. Bottom line for others who view this, do not speed. :burnout:

SnakeEyes03

MTC
Established Member
1. Speed traps are effective. A success can be considered in many different ways. One officer might think that 5 tickets is good, another won't be satisfied unless he gets like 20 or more.

2. Speed traps are put in for the simple reason that people are complaining. The funny thing is that in most cases, the people who complain about speeders, are speeders themselves.

3. Most of the time you are not creating a danger for people. There is always a chance of a citizen not seeing your emergency lights and you get hit. When it comes to a traffic stop though..usually you are only blocking a lane of traffic for 5 minutes. Of course there is always that exception.

4. Tax dollars are not being wasted because i'm still doing my job. I love it when people say...."why aren't you out there catching criminals". I say "well, I am....you are one" I honestly do not know what "MY" states income generates from traffic summon's.

5. And in my opinion there is nothing different from a speed trap and traffic enforcement.

Hope that helps

Users who are viewing this thread