Speed Shop in Chicagoland

BigSando72

Established Member
Does anyone know of a good shop in Chicagoland that specializes in Mustangs/Cobras with a chassis dyno? I am looking for a shop that has the ability to tune on their dyno.

Thanks.

URDONE

Be Easy
Established Member
There is none. I think that the closest place would be in Wisconsin. Westech I think it is called.

BigSando72

Established Member
Do you know where they are located in Wisconsin? If it is more than 3.5 hours (by car), I will just go to Paul's High Performance in Jackson, MI.

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
High Speed Performance in Chicago Ridge is where we dynoed a dozen of our '03s. Their card says chassis dyno testing and dyno tuning. The guy's name is Mike if I remember right. 708-499-5220.

SNK BITN

Established Member
Dont waste your time with anyone in IL, your better off getting a mail order chip for fordchip or JMS. If you want a chassis dyno tuned car done the right way, PHP or Lido@alternative auto are the people to see. More than worth the trek down there.

BigSando72

Established Member
To ALL:

Thanks for the responses.

To SNK BITN:

Why do you have such strong feelings about any of the shops in IL? Have you (or any acquaintances) had any personal experiences?

Also, you mentioned Alternative Auto. I assume you mean the one in Mt. Clemens, MI.

To URDONE:

I searched for Westech on Google, and I found Westech Performance. I assume this is it because they talk about dyno tuning, etc. However, I could not get their website to come up. Do you know anyone that has used them?

Thanks again!

SNK BITN

Established Member
Umm, your search for mustang tuners in IL will come up very short. And to find one with experience on cobras you'll find that zero come up on your search. Do you want a rookie tuner or someone whos only done a few friends cars messing with your computer? You want experience, and tons of it. There is no other answer but to head to MI or OH. Your more than welcome to become someones tune dummy though if your inclined to.

wtw5974

Head Chef
Established Member
Originally posted by BigSando72
Does anyone know of a good shop in Chicagoland that specializes in Mustangs/Cobras with a chassis dyno? I am looking for a shop that has the ability to tune on their dyno.

Thanks.

E & R Automotive. They do it all, machine shop, chassis dyno, they will be getting an engine dyno soon as well. (630)279-5464

SVTdubs

have you seen my baseball
Established Member
Victor Ford in Wauconda does some tuning, call them to see what kind. There is supposedly a place right next to them that has a pulley and chipped heaton making 550hp 6xx tq on the dyno... Im trying to find a guys number but I cant remember what i did with it. I just got my KB so I need a tuner near by...

SNK BITN

Established Member
Personally, I'd hate the new kid on the block to tune my car. I need experience and reference to peoples cars that you've tuned. As for wacuanda, Ford Chip was there doing dyno tunes. They are not based out of there.

URDONE

Be Easy
Established Member
Originally posted by BigSando72
To ALL:

Thanks for the responses.

To SNK BITN:

Why do you have such strong feelings about any of the shops in IL? Have you (or any acquaintances) had any personal experiences?

Also, you mentioned Alternative Auto. I assume you mean the one in Mt. Clemens, MI.

To URDONE:

I searched for Westech on Google, and I found Westech Performance. I assume this is it because they talk about dyno tuning, etc. However, I could not get their website to come up. Do you know anyone that has used them?

BigSando72,
Sorry, I don't personally know anyone that has used them. I have just heard the name Westech mentioned a few times.
Thanks again!

SVTdubs

have you seen my baseball
Established Member
I think I found the place I was looking for. I left a message.
Anyone know about a Dyno Pro Performance in Wauconda phone number 847-208-6800? Let me know

SNK BITN

Established Member
The guys at Dyno Pro are very professional. FordChip did a dyno tune day on their dynos. I dont beleive they themselves tune cars though.

Users who are viewing this thread