Speed Sensitive Mach 460 For 03 (Works!)

[iSEPIC]

Damn Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
I saw everyone posting about this for the 2001 Cobras, and it DID NOT work on my 2001 Cobra, but it does on my 2003! :)

Just press and HOLD the on/off/volume knob until the Speed Volume comes up, then press the Up/Down arrows to adjust... I didn't think it worked at first, but It does work!

Just wanted to share..

mike_b_svt

Top down and cruisin'
Established Member
Cool! I'll have to try that out in my wife's Explorer... I thought it was supposed to be 'speed sensitive', but the darn thing never turns itself up!

... you're not messing with me, are you??:dw: I am a little slow sometimes...

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
Yeah it works. It gets annoying fast though. I had it on for 1 day before I turned it back off. :)

Pyro

Established Member
What exactly does this do? I'm assuming that the volume adjusts automatically to Speed to compensate for the noise coming from the vibration of the passenger side rear view mirror? :shrug:

Last edited:

JClifton

Uhh it's stock!
Established Member
Originally posted by Pyro
What exactly does this do? I'm assuming that the volume adjusts automatically to Speed to compensate for the noise coming from the vibration of the passenger side rear view mirror? :shrug:

You have that same damn problem to?! My passenger mirror makes all sorts of noise, and the weather stripping in the passenger window is not seated correctly.. makes a whistling noise...

-- Jaret

Pyro

Established Member
Back to the question....what does the Speed Volume do?

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member

Is that a trick question?

It adjusts the volume up and down based on your speed.

byevette

Momento Mori
Established Member

As you increase speed, the volume increases so you can hear the radio over the engine and vice-versa as you decelerate.

It is there to be a convenience so when you are driving, you are not constantly having to play with the volume of the radio.

Hope this helps...

:beer:

Pyro

Established Member
That's what I thought but I couldn't get it to work or at least not that I noticed. When you hold down the knob, it gives you "Speed Volume-0". What do I do after that...just turn it up? or hit a number? Yes, I know what you are all thinking...."This guy's a MORON".

I'm that guy who always needs details.....occupational hazard

[iSEPIC]

Damn Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
Already told ya! :)

After pressing the Volume Knob (and holding it in) for about 5 seconds... press the Up/Down arrorws to change it 0-7.

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
That's what I thought but I couldn't get it to work or at least not that I noticed. When you hold down the knob, it gives you "Speed Volume-0". What do I do after that...just turn it up? or hit a number? Yes, I know what you are all thinking...."This guy's a MORON".

I'm that guy who always needs details.....occupational hazard

While you're holding it down and when you see that "Speed Volume-0" hit the up arrow.

It goes up to 5 or 7 I think, I can't remember.

3 was WAY too much for me with stock exhaust, and I haven't tried it since.

Pyro

Established Member
Ya, after I posted, I went to check it out and I figured it out. Maybe I should listen to my wife..."Look with your eyes not your mouth!" Sorry bout that!

Thanks!!

Users who are viewing this thread