Speed Scene grilles?

jjhirsch

Established Member
Anyone have one of these that can lend a hand on install? I heard they didnt fit the newer L's without the honeycomb stock grilles...I really want one but dont need something that is a pain to install!!:shrug:

lightning89mg

Established Member
Hey, its not too hard to install the speed grilles, considering I installed mine and I am not too car literate. First they are a good price and they look good... But the only thing I did different is that they gave me clips to hold the grille in place and I did not find that very comforting, so I went to homedepot and got some nuts and bolts. I drilled holes and they hold my grilles in now and they wont ever fall out or even move.. It may sound complicated but its pretty simple, dont let some shop rip you off... I would help you accept I live far away, only a few states over, but I am sure another L owner can help, or anyone that knows a bit about cars!

jjhirsch

Established Member
so you mounted it over your stock grill, right?? And how did it turnout?? Clean or can you still see the stock one behind it??

WhiteLightnin03

Established Member
how far are you from columbus jjhirsch. i live in sunbury and i had a grille on my old f150 and it was not hard at all to put it in so i think it would be jsut the same on the L

sammyrocks

Established Member
pictures please!

i am dying to see a set of these grills on an L...something blissfully different than the standard billet grill

lightning89mg

Established Member
The bottum grille actually replaces the old one, but the top big grille goes over.. But right now you can still kind of see behind it, so I am thinking about dremeling the old grille behind it off.. I just need some time, but I have a link with a few pics of my truck from a car show I got 3rd place at.. They arent the best, but its all I have right now, I just got a scanner so when I get it up and kicking I will get more!
http://www.californiafords.com/images/shows/06_28_03/DSC04342.JPG
http://www.californiafords.com/images/shows/06_28_03/DSC04344.JPG
Hope this helps guys!

Users who are viewing this thread