Speed Density?

wilderyzed

Established Member
Anyone ever tune speed density before? In other words eliminating the MAF and all the bs and tuning fuel and ignition based on RPM and Throttle Position? I think it would be easier to get my big cammed car to run more properly(get rid of the hesitations and such) if I tuned speed density

HotStart

Fastest Stock Daytona
Established Member
Anyone ever tune speed density before? In other words eliminating the MAF and all the bs and tuning fuel and ignition based on RPM and Throttle Position? I think it would be easier to get my big cammed car to run more properly(get rid of the hesitations and such) if I tuned speed density

Are you wanting to switch to a stand alone ECU? As far as I know, there is no way to set up a SD model in any newer MAF based Ford ECUs, but I've only tuned Fords with SCT and TwEECer software. What is your setup, my guess is that you'll be able to get it to work with the stock ECU (unless it's really wild).

Anyone ever tune speed density before? In other words eliminating the MAF and all the bs and tuning fuel and ignition based on RPM and Throttle Position?

This is Alpha-N modeling. Speed density creates a VE model based off of manifold pressure and RPM to calculate desired fuel mass.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
speed density cant work with an aggressively cammed car. It works off of vacuum, and an aggressive cam doesn't give off enough

SD sucks, stick with a good MAF setup

ZeroSVT

Established Member
You can make it work with a aggressively camed car. But it is difficult to get good drivability compared to a Mass air car.

What software are you using?

Users who are viewing this thread