specs on weight and hp on 2015 gt two months away or more. weight should be 3400

FIVEHOE

Established Member
So who dropped rumor about the weight? And why should we believe them?

RTD

Established Member
Explain where the 200-250 lbs will come from.

The car has almost the exact same exterior dimensions as the S197. We know the redesigned front suspension will be a little lighter. We know the IRS will be a lot heavier. We know the aluminum fenders and hood will probably save around 70 lbs. We know the new crash standards add some weight.

My best guess is that it will be a wash, pretty much the same as the S197 in weight.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
don't expect weight or horsepower to come out for two or three months straight, info straight from horses mouth!

Order banks are scheduled to open May 20th. I highly doubt Ford would open the order banks without releasing specs on the car.

nicksender

Established Member
Everyone is just making gross speculations on all the specs. pretending they are in the know and when they are released there will be enough guesses where someone will say they nailed it, lol.

I'd find it hard to believe that they would open the order banks the end of May without everything about confirmed or you're going to have people saying they didn't get what they expected.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'd find it hard to believe that they would open the order banks the end of May without everything about confirmed or you're going to have people saying they didn't get what they expected.

As of now, the order banks will open on May 20th. I would do everything but guarantee that they will have specs released by then.

greg demuth

Established Member
I was told by the chief Eng of the 2015 mustang that it will be 2 months are more. He is the Eng, not marketing but it has hurt sells by letting the cat out of the bag to fast in the past,
I stayed around the dinner party in NC to bother him. as for as the weight it was being throughn around near ford racing in NC . I find it hard to believe too. It could be the echo bost. but the car does look quite a bit smaller and lighter even though it is the same size.

Last edited:

Husker

Established Member
HP will be 440 or less...I don't believe it will be more than the BOSS (444) unless they use all the parts and machining...IMO!

specizripn

Established Member
What's going on here is the classic "marketing wants something sooner, but engineering says they need more time" situation :eek:

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Well, looks like we got a prop rod.:mj:
On a brighter note, no large wire radio antenna.:rockon:

If I recall correctly, these are hand built protypes, so we can't pass judgment yet on the engine bay and stuff.

13GT5.0

Established Member
Explain where the 200-250 lbs will come from.

The car has almost the exact same exterior dimensions as the S197. We know the redesigned front suspension will be a little lighter. We know the IRS will be a lot heavier. We know the aluminum fenders and hood will probably save around 70 lbs. We know the new crash standards add some weight.

My best guess is that it will be a wash, pretty much the same as the S197 in weight.

My guess is it appears to be a modernized s197 platform (meaning the improvements) with IRS and a diff body kit (from sitting and looking at it awhile). I dont see 200# less in GT form or a 440 hp motor the first model year. Could be wrong but I dont see it.

Last edited:

13GT5.0

Established Member
Well, looks like we got a prop rod.:mj:
On a brighter note, no large wire radio antenna.:rockon:

Hahah here's your fix

Stubby_Straight_Up__78390.jpg

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
My guess is it appears to be a modernized s197 platform (meaning the improvements) with IRS and a diff body kit (from sitting and looking at it awhile). I dont see 200# less in GT form or a 440 hp motor the first model year. Could be wrong but I dont see it.
I have a feeling this might be true. Looking into the past they held back with the s197 GT until 2011. The camaro whooped its ass when it came back in 2009. Ford finally dropped a 5.0 coyote for the GT in 2011.
I'm still holding out on what I want to do with my '13 5.0, either sell now and buy a '13/'14 GT500 or wait and see what Ford has to offer for their top end model.

First model year or two we get the "ohh its nice and new", but when the next camaro comes out it will get all the attention and Ford will steal that spotlight by putting in another bad ass motor!!

auto02

Motivator
Established Member

X2, the 4cyl may be 200lbs lighter. I'll believe the GT is 200lbs lighter when I see it...

Users who are viewing this thread