Specs on mach SRA

20SVT03

Wishin for that KB!
Established Member
i just got a stock SRA assembly from a 03 Mach 1. i know there isnt much to it different from a GT sra but i was curious, i guess mainly is what spline axles are in this axle assembly. i know i will be changing the gears but at some point in time im gonna want to put a locker in and some info on these rears would be nice. thanks in advance!

DarkMach1

Established Member
i just got a stock SRA assembly from a 03 Mach 1. i know there isnt much to it different from a GT sra but i was curious, i guess mainly is what spline axles are in this axle assembly. i know i will be changing the gears but at some point in time im gonna want to put a locker in and some info on these rears would be nice. thanks in advance!

28 spline, if you're gonna beat on it Moser 31 splines are a must.

20SVT03

Wishin for that KB!
Established Member
so you guys are saying im looking at the same issues i had with the irs. great looks like ill be saving a little longer then i thought. What about the brakes are different. i swapped the calipers and rotors right over. the calipers looked identical.

xXAzureMach1Xx

Established Member
haha. sorry man, the brakes are the same lol. for some dang reason i thought you said gt rear axle but why would you post it in the mach forum haha. my bad. :bash: and yes the 28s are weak. mine did fine with nittos but i never really came off the line hard. a real DR, it will not hold. your prolly better off with the IRS until you have a build SRA.

20SVT03

Wishin for that KB!
Established Member
well holding off is no option now because its in the car. ill just keep on using my 28" slicks that i was using with my irs until i can come up with the money for better internals

xXAzureMach1Xx

Established Member
first pass at the track, that thing is done for... I really wonldnt even waste your time with tryin to make a pass haha. not goin to hold on slicks.

DarkMach1

Established Member
so you guys are saying im looking at the same issues i had with the irs. great looks like ill be saving a little longer then i thought. What about the brakes are different. i swapped the calipers and rotors right over. the calipers looked identical.

Two different problems, IRS's weakness is wheelhop, SRA's weakness is the combination of power and traction. Stay on street tires for a bit and you'll be ok.

Users who are viewing this thread