Special forces sniper tuning software?

BruceErlinger

Established Member
I was wondering if anyone on here has had any experience with this software? It seems really easy to use or get used to. But doesn't seem very user friendly for highly modified cars. If someone has any experiences with this please let me know. THanks in advance.

prostkr

Established Member
I have yet to see anything compare to SCT software when it comes to Fords. 99% of all the good big name tuners use SCT on Fords for a reason.

BIGV

GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!
Established Member
I have sniper it's easy to use all the software does the same thing but most tuners use SCT so if your tuning it yourself it doesn't matter. If you plan to take it to a tuner then get SCT. I will say this at first Sniper customer service was damn good but they have been slacking I am still waiting for my drivers for windows 7.

ZOSO

colorados baddest eaton
Established Member
Upgrade to the full deltaforce software and be done with it. It will allow you to do everything you need to properly tune your car. I use it and have had great success.

tripleblk97

Established Member
Special forces is great for most applications and the great thing is you can upgrade to commando at a later time if needed and you don't have to pay full price because you already have the interface box. I have delta force but started out with special forces. It builds you a base file based on modifications you have done and then you can tweek it from there. Let me know if you have any questions and I'll be glad to help you through it. What mods due you have on the car.

Dave

BruceErlinger

Established Member
The car currently has a 2.8/4lb lower combo lt's, and the other neccessary bolt ons. But i have a 2.2 im about to put on and want to tune for nitrous and e-85 and possibly cams. Thanks for all the responses.

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member
I would go with SCT, we have both and stopped using Sniper because we were always missing something. SCT has its flaws to but works best sofar.

vitmncya

Established Member
im getting ready to try it out and see mine came with a sniper chip and i just got the soft ware to tune it a c if i like it

FORD4U

Established Member
i have the commando and i love it, special forces is comparable to a handheld as far as ability goes but comando is pretty awesome, im tuning a T'd L and a built L with a supercharger, and i used it on my 03 Cobra too, seems to work well for me, im gonna stick with them for now, no complaints

SVT99Stang

Team Pure Insanity Racing
Established Member
I am an authorized Delta Force Dealer and Tuner. If you have any specific questions about the software or need anything at discounted prices let me know.

BTW I am running windows 7 and use the software just fine, I don't know why your's would need special drivers.

2002BOSS

Established Member
Im not a dealer but tune the stangs at the shop with sniper.. Love the software and the people down at sniper.. If you have any issues with anything or even need some tips to get started they will walk you thru it!

paulsauto

Established Member
i'm a sniper dealer too just had software updated again, on some fords i've had several issues with sniper (even had to send a pcm to them to get unlocked,boy my customer was pissed)it works great on one vehicle then you can't get a code for some pcm's or it won't read them i don't use it anymore. sct!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread