Spec3 and spec aliminum flywheel

portedsnake

Established Member
A week ago my clutch and flywheel went out,completely freakin dead...Didn't want to spend alot of money since am going to sell the car already, so I went with spec3 clutch and spec aluminum flywheel(ACCORDING TO AMERCANMUSCLE.COM) it was the best bang for your buck combination..anyone else have this combo??? Am picking up my car today and want to know what to expect...THANKS EVERYONE

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I have that combo but with a fidenza al flywheel.. I love it.. Super streetable and very smooth combo.

MBoyle1

redfire
Established Member
Just picked up spec aluminum flywheel & 3+clutch I heard all good about them.Going to be a few weeks before I get around to the install.

3Dglasses

4.6 Liter rice cooker
Established Member
I have fidenza aluminum flywheel and spec 2+ clutch and I hate it. Hope your works out. Seems like the specs are love or hate..

portedsnake

Established Member
I was told that in order for a spec 2 and 3 clutch to work properly and get full benefit would be with an spec aluminum flywheel...we will find out in about 2 hours when I go pick up my car at RET

nycarpenter

Established Member
I have the Spec 3+ with the steel flywheel. From day one zero chatter and better then stock pedal no quadrant or firewall adjuster :)

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
Is everyone spec 3 really soft but super sensitive on 1st??

It likes to chatter a bit if you don't slip it slightly. Also, you didn't have to have the SPEC flywheel. They just want a clean surface to start with. I just had my stocker resurfaced when I put the SPEC 3 in and it's fine. They also say to be easy on it for the first 500 or so miles to break it in. I was easy on mine, but I've heard plenty of others that weren't. I just figured better safe than sorry.

portedsnake

Established Member
Yea i was told to be easy 1st 500 miles not to have the supercharger kick in much and keep it below 4000 rpm...I do have a quadrant and firewall..hopefully the chatter goes away soon..

31BCobra

#60 04' Cobra - Torch Red
Established Member
I have a spec 3+ in mine. It chattered a LOT on downshifting especially during the first 1k miles. Did not get on it hard till after about 900 miles and now after 3k it is super smooth. Only chatters sometimes when I have to work it a lot in stop n go traffic.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
I'm breaking in a spec 3 with spec aluminum flywheel and it chatters a lot at low speed. I have to be really easy with he clutch/gas to reduce chatter. I have maybe a 400 miles or so on it since install and it has calmed down some. I'm going to start getting on it some now to really break it in!

Users who are viewing this thread