Spec Twin Disc Impressions

gkviper192

Established Member
So I am looking into doing a Spec twin ST and am looking for some feedback from you guys. I have been asking around a bit because there are si many opinions about there about this clutch and that clutch. One guy hates them one guy loves them. Anyone that has/had one of the new style twin disc specs please chime in!

Thanks,
Greg

Van@RevanRacing

I don't know what your power level is but an ST Clutch is built to hold up to 1200 ft. lbs. of torque. I've used those on the Texas Mile cars.

Personally I had a SPEC SS in my 2013 GT500 and broke it in over the course of 1,000 miles. It takes a little time to break in but it was fine after that. The SS Trim is less expensive and it has a 900 ft. lb. torque capacity. The SPEC P-Trim has an 1,100 ft. lb. torque capacity.

Yes there are different opinions on clutches. I've driven all of them. Each is a little different. SPEC's are infinitely rebuildable and the most you would ever pay to rebuild the clutch is 50% of the retail price.

Van

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
How does it compare to stock feel Van?
Did you feel a difference between the OEM '13 and '14?
I have no complaints with my '14 but I vaguely remember the early '13 I drove being different.
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I've had great luck with Spec BTW in older stangs, I'd look at them first when it's time.
-J

BIRDDOC

Established Member
I have the SPEC P trim and really like it (also have the cobra jet stainless clutch line). It has some racing characteristics (minimal chatter starting in 1st and reverse) but otherwise I absolutely love it. Shifts are perfect and when on slicks it's like a HAMMER on launch. I would go with the SS trim like Van said if your primarily driving on the street and then chatter will be near zero.

Users who are viewing this thread