Spec Stage 3

Ewokjack

Established Member
Whats up guys. I'm new to this forum and just looking for some answers. I'm in the market for a clutch and I've settled on a Spec stage 3. My only question: Can i run a stock resurfaced flywheel on this clutch? Spec seems to state that all their clutches require their flywheels, but I've heard of several people running stock flywheels on these clutches. :??: Also, this is on a 95' GT. Thanks.

marvin54

BOOSTING!!!
Established Member
I would go with the dual centerforce its a much better clutch that's what I run now... I ran a spec stage 2 plus in my vortech gt and it was blown out by 3k ... and do a aluminum flywheel mide as well do it right the first time then having to go back in a second time

Ewokjack

Established Member
I thought the Stage 2 would be fine, but since I'll be doing a lot of high rev dumps, I was told to go with the stage 3. It's not like I'm even making enough power to break any of them, just a full bolt-on car with a tire and 4.10s. Centerforce is definitely too expensive. I figure the Stage 3 won't be too stressed and i do plan on H/C/I and spray soon, or the other way around. Is there a difference in drivability from a Stage 2 to a Stage 3? This is a daily as well.

Users who are viewing this thread