spec stage 3+??

dtsoxs

519 hp/ whipple cobra
Established Member
I'm getting a spec stage 3+ put in on tuesday and I'm wondering if anyone has had problems with it or if you like it? :shrug:

Thanks!

Sonic03inSC

Established Member
dtsoxs said:
I'm getting a spec stage 3+ put in on tuesday and I'm wondering if anyone has had problems with it or if you like it? :shrug:

Thanks!
Most seem to like them. I see you have a whipple, I'm going with the twin disk stage II Spec for my DD. I have used the aftermarket single disk and it failed in 4k miles (not spec), I'm not going to take another chance at the single disk. I only go to the track 2 times a year. My .02

forcefedcobra

Established Member
just getting mine broken in and it is pretty good. Chatter was bad at first especially when trying to back out of the garage but with a little adjusting, learning and break in it has gotten much better. I was thinking of getting the ram twin disc setup but it was overkill for what I wanted.

TheFleshRocket

Likes to drive sideways.
Established Member
I had one and it sucked. It would chatter when pulling away from a stop in first and reverse, and it engaged very abruptly. I switched it out with a Centerforce Dual Friction and have been much happier. No chatter, and the clutch engages nice and progressively over several inches of travel.

The only justification I can see for a clutch like a Stage 3+ is if you're putting down 600+rwhp and something more streetable just won't do.

dtsoxs

519 hp/ whipple cobra
Established Member
Thanks for the input guys i'll let you know how it goes its beed on order for three days already. . .

Users who are viewing this thread