Spec 3+ is on it's way...

luv2hiss

Transplanted again...
Established Member
After toasting my second, short lived, McLeod DFX at FFW (5,000 street miles and about 25 passes at the track), I decided that a new Spec clutch was in order for my ailing beast. That comes to a total of 1 factory and 2 McLeod clutches on this car in under 2 years. :cuss:

All I can say is if this damn clutch won't stay together longer than the previous 2, then I am either retiring the car to show queen status or I'll be calling up Jake for pointers on installing that 4r70w in short order. :rockon:

Cobra10th Anniv

Established Member
Loving mine Year to Date!!! This thing is 1000x better than my prior Centerforce DFX on the street (which only lasted one season). Have only run it once at the track, but it felt and grabbed much better as well...

Hopefully I won't be changing my story later in the year, but again so far so good.

Good luck with the new clutch.
David

LILBLKSNAKE

Village Idiot
Established Member
This will be my 6-7 clutch and/or tranny install at your house!!

Don't forget my charges for clutch installs-

1 large Green pepper Pizza
3-4 Fruit 2-0

and open windows after the green pepper pizza sets in!!!

luv2hiss

Transplanted again...
Established Member
The pizza parlor is on stand by just for you Ed !!! Chris asked if you would be back for this one, I told him of course. He said he will come and watch again. Might even lend a big hand for massaging the tranny back into place if need be.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
good luck Carol. I did 3 clutches on my car also before the auto....too much and it gets worse with added power. Auto FTMFW!!! haha

KenCobra03

Factory Rated 390 HP, much more now
Established Member
I'll be getting my PPRV repair done on the 15th ... finally.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
KenCobra03 said:
I'll be getting my PPRV repair done on the 15th ... finally.

sound slike your in for the 22nd AND Tasca day!!! hahaha

Cobra10th Anniv

Established Member
15th looks like a lot going on that day, so depending on how I feel that could go either way. Definitely planning to go up 22nd and Tasca Day... And if all goes well, I will be there most of October as well. :banana:

David

luv2hiss

Transplanted again...
Established Member
Clutch install went amazingly well. This was the first time that the tranny just slid right in without any fight. I guess practice makes perfect. Went to put the drive shaft back in and found one of the u-joints was frozen. So, now I am waiting on u-joints. Doesn't it figure???

Users who are viewing this thread