Spec 3+ clutch issues

03svt4life

Established Member
I have spec 3+ clutch 10 spline, billet still flywheel, new tob, lethal tob sleeve, fiore fire wall adjuster and blue 3 hook quadrant(came on car), new stock clutch cable, problem is im on middle hook, properly adjusted tob/pressure plate, clutch releases all the way at top, so i decided to get clutch pedal height mod to lower pedal, but after install, and adjusting pedal to be as high as i can with the lowering mod which is even with brake pedal, adjusted clutch, doesnt feel like clutch is getting enough travel, do you think i need to shim the pivot ball to start then go about adjusting to a different hook on quadrant or just do this to start? Any ideas?

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
If you need more travel, then I would swap out the 3 hook quadrant for a QR type of quadrant (either Steeda or UPR). It will give you more movement at the clutch arm for the same pedal movement as a standard quadrant. And with the pedal height adjuster, you will need that extra.

crash686977

The thing is with that clutch is that it has a throw about 3 inches it is either on or off mine is the same way I have heard a lot of other people say the same

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
ok what about fiore quadrant?
All of the quadrants I have seen have a similar shape except for the QR type. It definitely has a higher ramp and becomes very apparent when you put one on top of a standard ramp. The Fiore quadrant will be the same as the triple hook, but wih only one slot to hook onto. I still suggest a QR.

Users who are viewing this thread