Spec 2+ Clutch Kit?

Cobreezy

Established Member
Is anyone running the Spec 2+ clutch in their Terminator? I see on Leathal's website that it is rated at 669 rwtq. My car is mainly a DD, but occasionally I will take it to the track and open her up.

Cobreezy

Established Member
I know what you mean. My Fidanza 4.3 clutch is going south and I hear that Fidanza has stopped making clutches...too bad. So i'm leaning towards the Spec clutch line, but need opinions/suggestions on which one to get.

Jack32v

Slow Lane..
Established Member
I put the spec stage 2+ with spec steel flywheel and I am very happy with it. It does chatter for about a half second when its cold but as soon as its warm its perfect. I did start to get a "bark/squeal" when I would leave the line at a stop light but I re-adjusted the clutch and haven't herd another sound. I DD my cobra and getting stuck in traffic isn't really a problem, the clutch pedal isn't that stiff. I am very happy with my choice, especially since everyone on SVTP recommended the 3+

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
I'd def get the 2 "plus".

I ran just the 2 in my 99 and abused the shit out of it for 3 years and 35,000 miles with zero issues.

707svt

Venom Feeder
Established Member
I have a 2+ on mine I wish I got the 3+ cuz the 2+ is a puk style, you get alil chatter of the line and my buddy has a 3+ witch is a full face and its way smoother feels way better for DD. Do replace ur input shaft while ur there.

greengt88

Established Member
Just make sure that u get an frpp hd tob, the bearing that comes with the spec kit is probably better of in the garbage unless you like to pull the trans a lot....$50 well spent on the frpp unit...also get the retainer tube and 26spline input upgrade....I decided to just wait and get a t-56 magnum instead of going to all the trouble upgrading the factory internals...

707svt

Venom Feeder
Established Member
I put the spec stage 2+ with spec steel flywheel and I am very happy with it. It does chatter for about a half second when its cold but as soon as its warm its perfect. I did start to get a "bark/squeal" when I would leave the line at a stop light but I re-adjusted the clutch and haven't herd another sound. I DD my cobra and getting stuck in traffic isn't really a problem, the clutch pedal isn't that stiff. I am very happy with my choice, especially since everyone on SVTP recommended the 3+

Hey I have that same bark squel sound off the line like a loud chirp, what the hell is it I f**cken hate it.

eaglesnick

Established Member
I have a 2+ on mine I wish I got the 3+ cuz the 2+ is a puk style, you get alil chatter of the line and my buddy has a 3+ witch is a full face and its way smoother feels way better for DD. Do replace ur input shaft while ur there.

You are INCORRECT. The 2+ is a full face clutch NOT a puck style. I have had the 2+ on my car for about 2 years and has held up very well. I don't drive my car that much but holds up to my power levels with no issues.

http://www.lmperformance.com/images/parts/SPEC207.jpg

d-nice

Established Member

I just started getting this also. Exactly how did you fix this?

Hey I have that same bark squel sound off the line like a loud chirp, what the hell is it I f**cken hate it.

This is really driving me nuts. Between that noise and the rattling from my front brake pad I'm ready to park this thing for the winter already.

707svt

Venom Feeder
Established Member
You are INCORRECT. The 2+ is a full face clutch NOT a puck style. I have had the 2+ on my car for about 2 years and has held up very well. I don't drive my car that much but holds up to my power levels with no issues.

http://www.lmperformance.com/images/parts/SPEC207.jpg

No im not wrong it is a full disc but its a puk style you can call spec urself and ask and thats y it has alil chatter, a full face non puk wont have these spacings on it. The pics u have there dosent even show the correct 2+, this is mine that I removed for a 26 spline, that image is just a stage 2 trust me so next time before u try to CORRECT someone check ur info and if thats what u have in ur car in that image u dont have a 2+, even the 3 & 3+ are incorrect on that pic. Also ur power levels are too much for a 2+, these clutches are rated at flywheel power, its like having a pullied cobra on a stk clutch.
1282928389.gif

Last edited:

Jack32v

Slow Lane..
Established Member

I just started getting this also. Exactly how did you fix this?

Searching for a link here on SVTP right now, whole thread on it. But I found getting the clutch nice and warm... (maybe a couple burnouts :burnout:) and adjusting it correctly got the noise to stop. Spec said that the noise its due to the clutch material and not the clutch itself :bs:

707svt

Venom Feeder
Established Member
Searching for a link here on SVTP right now, whole thread on it. But I found getting the clutch nice and warm... (maybe a couple burnouts :burnout:) and adjusting it correctly got the noise to stop. Spec said that the noise its due to the clutch material and not the clutch itself :bs:

I thought maybe the TOB dont know but I hate it. Sucks to have a nice car and u get that stupid sound takeing off.

d-nice

Established Member
I notice that when its humid and the car is cold that it seems to do it more. I was at first thinking that the sound was more of clutch slippage against the flywheel.

d-nice

Established Member

Did you adjust the clutch cable or the clutch itself?

trmin8ter03

Established Member
I have the stage 3+ and 26 spline shaft. Its a great daily driver clutch, really smooth. Over 10k miles on it and about 10 track passes. It will chatter a lot during the break in but after that its better than stock.

MY DREAM

Established Member
I have had the Spec 2+ with alum flywheel, 26 splin input shaft, hardened TOB sleeve bla bla in mine for a few years now and I absolutely love it! Grips good, track, daily driving.. sometimes I get a little chatter with it but that is becuase I am trying too go from a stop like I have an egg between my foot and the gas pedal. Took me a while to realize I just need to drive it like a Cobra and not a Geo metro. I did get a lot of chatter for the break in but it did go away mostly around 600 miles. I will go with it again when the time comes.

James

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
spec 2+ and fidanza alum flywheel here, 850 miles on it so far still want to take it easy on it too for a few more but love the clutch! chatter starting to go away, but happens when I choke the clutch too much, chatters on the downshift when going slow too. feels good tho, got microclick firewall adjuster, steeda quadrant too. car's a weekend warrior, never at the track, stock blower, hoping this clutch is my last

Users who are viewing this thread