Speaking of fakers

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
When I'm bored and alone in the dark, I love to browse craigslist by typing in random words and see if I can find cool shit. Then I found this ad:

NEED TO GET IN SHAPE??! LET ME HELP YOU! EX MILITARY SPECIAL FORCES!!!

Does this guy throw up any red flags for you?

Guy in Austin, claiming to be former PJ, wanting to train people.

25 and out of the PJs already? Will work for tats and hand jobs, LOL!

I am seeing BS and he does not look like a fitness guru, uniforms are deceiving though.

OU812

Established Member
Lol! I'm willing to bet my next month salary that guy is a maintainer just by looking at his boots. They are the standard issue crappy bates that every maintenance squadron seems to give us and they have the normal "maintainer marks" on the toes. I've worked with and Know a few PJs and CCT guys and they get the best of the best stuff and would never wear those boots....lol

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
Yeah, it's insane sometimes. You'll get the shining star that makes SSgt and TSgt on their first time, it's no where near the norm though.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Is promotion really that slow for you AF guys? Making E-6 in the Army by your 25 birthday is not unheard of at all in the Army, I made E-6 at 25.
yeah ... 25 and an E6? I will call BS on that all day long and twice on Sunday.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Is promotion really that slow for you AF guys? Making E-6 in the Army by your 25 birthday is not unheard of at all in the Army, I made E-6 at 25.
Army promotes about twice as fast as any other service from what I have observed. ... ok well maybe not quite twice but damn close to it

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
yeah ... 25 and an E6? I will call BS on that all day long and twice on Sunday.

Someone gets in at 18 years old and then they make E-6 in 7 years. What is so unbelievable about that? Or in my case I got in at 17 years old, so I make E-6 in 8 years. Again, what is so unbelievable?

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Someone gets in at 18 years old and then they make E-6 in 7 years. What is so unbelievable about that? Or in my case I got in at 17 years old, so I make E-6 in 8 years. Again, what is so unbelievable?
It's Air Force not Army. I can certainly believe it in the Army, Air Force? not so much. does it happen? yes it does but the AVERAGE time in service to get to e-6 is 10 years so the 6 years are pretty rare.

re-read my answer to your post and see where you could have thought I was calling BS on you, wasn't doing that at all .. :beer:

Last edited:

USMC53CHIEF

Established Member
Pj's have a different promotion set up tho, well kinda.... they are in school for 2 solid years prior to operational forces... So I imagine promotions are probably pretty slow during that time. I would imagine just like any other soc they promote rather quickly once in the fleet

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
Pj's have a different promotion set up tho, well kinda

I would imagine just like any other soc they promote rather quickly once in the fleet

Nope, they have to test just like everyone else in the AF but they get less time to study because they spend so much more time training.

Last edited:

megameGT500

Suck it up and drive on!!
Established Member
Yea. Soon, "Fast Tracking" in the Army will be a thing of the past.

I spent 6 years as a CPT and was promoted to MAJ PZ.

Is it really slow for officers too? Promotion that slow blows. But, every branch has its perks and draw backs I suppose.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Is it really slow for officers too? Promotion that slow blows. But, every branch has its perks and draw backs I suppose.
my cousin was just promoted to lt. col. in the army I asked him if he would see full bird before he gets out and he said no way. but making lt. col alone was pretty awesome in my book

megameGT500

Suck it up and drive on!!
Established Member
Unless you're prior enlisted it is considered a successful career. If you're prior enlisted MAJ is good.

my cousin was just promoted to lt. col. in the army I asked him if he would see full bird before he gets out and he said no way. but making lt. col alone was pretty awesome in my book

Users who are viewing this thread