Speaker install with pictures

CrazyAsian

Established Member
I picked up a set of Infinity 5x7/6x8 kappa co-ax'es.

Here is a picture of them with the wiring harness adapters (wrong ones by the way and might I add, don't trust Best Buy employes. I had to cut the wires off the adapter and the factory harness and used butt connectors to connect the two.)

61-169-975.jpg

First step is to remove the trim behind the window. Grip the rear lip/edge and pull/push toward the window. As the edge comes up you will see the clips. Just apply steady force and the trim will come off. After it is off it will reveal a phillips head screw.

61-169-976.jpg

Next step is to remove the door handel surround. I used a flat head screw driver and started from the front top corner of the surround and worked my way back. The rear of the surround goes into the door so it will come out last. Once it is removed another phillips head screw is revealed.

61-169-977.jpg

Now remove the two phillips head screw

Once the screws are removed lift the door panel straight up (easier if the lock knob is down). Once freed from the clips, rest the bottom two clips/latches of the door pannel in their holes and lean the panel back. Remove the Light bulb and wiring harnesses (4 on drivers side, two are butted against eachother making it look like one) (2 on passenger side)Then just set the panel aside.
61-169-978.jpg

The speaker is held in place by four 6mm screws. Pull the factory speaker and disconnect the harness. Then replace with aftermarket speaker. (you might have to cut the wires or solder. There are various ways to connect them to the wires) And this is the finished product

61-169-979.jpg

Now just reverse the disassembly process.

Users who are viewing this thread