SPC Adjustable Aluminum Panhard Bar

Radar Doc

Established Member
Just finished installing an adjustable panhard bar on my '11 GT. I chose the SPC 72045 aluminum bar from Summit Racing because it uses higher durometer rubber bushings vs poly or rod ends. I wanted this bar to do two things for me: center the rear axle and not increase NVH. Mission accomplished.

This bar weighs about 6 lbs. I was impressed with the materials and workmanship. It was very easy to adjust the bar with it installed (hint: the longer end goes on the passenger side of the car). I used new mounting hardware from Tousley Ford to install the bar, and as always, everything was torqued at ride height.

Thought I would write this one up since I hadn't seen much info on it.

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with SPC, Summit Racing or Tousley Ford... no animals were harmed during the installation of this panhard bar, etc, etc...

Jedisalami

Established Member
to scoot the rear end over did you just adjust the panhard bar with the rear of the car in the air?

Radar Doc

Established Member
You can adjust it with the car on the ground if you're skinny enough to slide under. You can also use jack stands under the axle or back the car up on some ramps/wood blocks. Just need to have normal weight on the tires or axle.

Radar Doc

Established Member
No, it doesn't. With the panhard jam nuts loose, you can actually turn the center section of the bar easily by hand. Once you have the body/axle centered, you tighten the jam nuts. Absolutely no strain on the bar at all.

01bluesnake

Established Member
No, it doesn't. With the panhard jam nuts loose, you can actually turn the center section of the bar easily by hand. Once you have the body/axle centered, you tighten the jam nuts. Absolutely no strain on the bar at all.

Was just about to say that. All the panhard bar does is keep the axle in location and center through suspension travel, does not support the car.

Users who are viewing this thread