Sparkplugs

blk96SVT

Established Member
After I bought my car this summer I changed to plugs (motorcraft platinums or whatever they are from the factory). After looking at some post about plugs or looking at peoples sigs I want to change my 100,000 supposed miles plugs to either NGK or the Autolites. I want to know if I can buy them at Autozone. If not there where and about how much are they. I also know about the Denso's but I dont really want to pay that much for plugs right now. Also, what brand plug wires should I buy also, cause I'm sure that I have original ones from the factory my car only had 44,000 miles on it when I bought it (btw, the plugs were real dirty, like they too were original) and now it has 52,000. Should I just stick with the factory or get an aftermarket like some from Taylor? Thanks for any info.

Tim

amnpalm

Established Member
I tried the autolites but had a problem with getting them to fit, seem to big. Went with the stock Motorcraft double plats. Plug wires I'm running with MSD 8.5mm. Goto Autozone and special order them for 89.00 dollars. Did that last week and the car is running like new again. Had the coil pack go out also 44.00 dollars at autozone and 62.00 at Pepboys, both are exactly alike. Good luck with your car.

SVTMUST97

Established Member
I use the motorcraft double plat. sparkplugs with a set of FMM 9mm wires. I always change the sparkplug every year do to racing. Eric 97

blk96SVT

Established Member
Where can I buy NGK sparkplugs though? I went to Autozone and they said they didnt carry them. Thanks

Tim

COBRASVT

Established Member
Originally posted by blk96SVT
Where can I buy NGK sparkplugs though? I went to Autozone and they said they didnt carry them. Thanks

Tim

Advance can order them and have them in a day, but you have to pre-pay...no biggie....

blk96SVT

Established Member
Originally posted by COBRASVT
Advance can order them and have them in a day, but you have to pre-pay...no biggie....

Thanks for the info, Im definitely getting them, but not sure where. How much do the run for a set?

Tim

blackfang

Established Member
I bought my Autolites at Walmart for a cheap price. They seem to fit fine and work very well.

96mystic

Wannabe postslut
Established Member
Since we're on the topic.. which sparkplugs are the best? Ill prolly be changing mine out here within the month... what are the best sparkplugs these engines can take?

scothew_gt

Established Member
Originally posted by 96mystic
Since we're on the topic.. which sparkplugs are the best? Ill prolly be changing mine out here within the month... what are the best sparkplugs these engines can take?

I have been using the NGK tr-55's in my 00 gt and then i put some in my 96 cobra when i got it. I have had nothing but really good success with these.

Users who are viewing this thread