spark plugs

venomous_svt

badmfcobra
Established Member
Im gonna swap mine out again this weekend. What plugs do you guys use? Any recommendations?
Does anyone know the exact Motorcraft plug part number? I think they changed it.

turbonotch

It's quiet ;)
Established Member
damn dude, would you please search? This is about the 3rd topic i've seen you start that could of been answered by searching. It is a wonderful function and you get answers NOW.
*edit, I was thinking of Venom Inside..* This can still be found in search though ;) Use the below plugs.
autolite 764 @ .054
ngk tr55 @.054
I use the tr55IX iridiums and love them.

Last edited:

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
the motorcraft plug is the AGSF32C. It changed from AWSF32C.

I'm currently running the 764s @ .052 gap and so far have not had issues with them.

I used the TR6s once and after a weekend of nitrous, they turned green.

venomous_svt

badmfcobra
Established Member
turbonotch said:
damn dude, would you please search? This is about the 3rd topic i've seen you start that could of been answered by searching. It is a wonderful function and you get answers NOW.
*edit, I was thinking of Venom Inside..* This can still be found in search though ;) Use the below plugs.
autolite 764 @ .054
ngk tr55 @.054
I use the tr55IX iridiums and love them.

I do use the search...constantly! But I just wanted to see what everyone currently had to kinda poll...plus I was curious about the motorcraft part number change cause that is what I currently have. Its cool.

edit... Are you guys using the double platinum 764's or just the regular 764's?

Last edited:

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Regular 764s.

Do not go back with the platinum crap.
Good for lasting long, sucks for performance.

764s at about $1 each change them every 25K miles or so.

SVTContique

Autolight APP764's

They are NOT cheap around here. One place sells them for 10 bucks a piece.... yea.... i know....

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
Autolite 764's (copper) gapped @ .054

I changed them about a month or two ago and was curious which ones to use. I SEARCHED and low and behold... The answer. Saves time, saves bandwidth, saves room for important topics on the front page, saves people from having to answer the same question over and over again... You get the idea.

RoadZOmbie

Established Member
Give him a break guys! Seems like a linching mom in here! Isn't that what forums are for? You wanna save bandwith and all then let's cut all that kacsman crap, get rid of vid, pics & all that other stuff too! Yeah the search function is there and it works most of the time, but what if there's something new that someone is now using that would benefit better than an old thread? It's the easiest thing to do, answer something that is already known. jmo

JohnsMyName

Established Member
I know the coppers are cheaper and prefferd over the platinums, but is it just a money thing or does platinum yeild less performance. What are the pros and cons of each? Dont mean to jack the thread just wondering while on the topic.

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
for a car that stays N/A, i don't see any problems using the platinums. But for a high performance application like a supercharger, nitrous, or turbo - its not advisable.

I know for a fact that nitrous will eat up a platinum plug.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
JohnsMyName said:
I know the coppers are cheaper and prefferd over the platinums, but is it just a money thing or does platinum yeild less performance. What are the pros and cons of each? Dont mean to jack the thread just wondering while on the topic.
Platinums= last longer.
Copper= better performance.

My car ran and felt better with copper.

Last edited:

turbonotch

It's quiet ;)
Established Member
the platinums in my car before plain got ate up. I ran 764's for awhile and they were fine! Then I stepped up to the TR55IX's (iridiums)

venomous_svt

badmfcobra
Established Member
I picked up my 764's and had one quick question...I have MSD coils and JBA wires...Should I stay at .54 gap or could I open it more?

Users who are viewing this thread