Spark Plugs

xxkazp3rxx

Established Member
I tried looking it up but can't find it for the life of me...

I found a write-up for an 03/04 Cobra for the torque specs on the spark plugs but are they the same for our cars?

"Once you snug them as much as you can by hand then take the inch/pound wrench and set it to 15 newton meters (about 11 foot/pounds or 136 inch/pounds)."

railroad

Established Member
Nothing wrong with putting a tq wrench on the plugs, but when not available, 1/8 turn past contact with tapered seats, 1/4 turn on gasket plugs.

Cman01

hello
Established Member
If you are pulling them out for the first time dab a tiny bit of anti-seize on the threads before reinstalling them it will make removal and installation of your next set of plugs much easier.

Our plugs (and most automotive plugs nowadays) have a metal gasket that needs to be compressed when you install new plugs. I've always screwed them in hand tight then go 1/4 turn twice (half turn total) to compress the gasket. Done that on all my cars never a problem.

Tony

Gr8shelby

Established Member
What size socket for these plugs....need to replace mine for the new pulley. Dumb questions are always cheaper than dumb mistakes. Thanks.

Cman01

hello
Established Member
5/8 spark plug socket and a long extension..................might need a u-joint for the cyl. near the battery I did when I did mine.

Users who are viewing this thread