Spark plugs question....

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
I run the regular TR6s and change them every 8,000 miles...that price looks good though

03Gunner

Established Member
Hey fella's,
Everyone talks about NGK Iridiums TR6's, are these it? If so, Can I find a better deal than this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-0...m14QQhashZitem360093017875QQitemZ360093017875

I read a while back when I first got my cobra that you have to be careful running Iridium or other high performance spark plugs with super charged cobra's you take a risk of premature detonation, especially with modifications, like upper pulley tune etc.. It's recommended to run the standard NGk TR6's. That's what I run, and they are cheaper. If you do decide to get them you should start with a low heat range to avoid premature detonation.

Black306

Established Member
I have an extra set of TR6IX plugs lying around. I'll let them go for $50 shipped ($52 w/ PayPal), if you want them. I'm kinda partial to NGK Iridiums and have stocked up on a few. :D

ngks.jpg

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
Why would I worry about iridium's. Platinum/iridiums came stock on these cars. AGSF12FM1, If you want to run coppers by all means, but don't tell me there is something wrong with running Iridium's. Show me proof!
By the way I got them for 5.99 a piece from Checkers. TR6IX. :lol:

SicStang03

2SSSlow
Established Member
Buy copper. Best out there. I chnage them every 200 miles or less. No problems.

Why do you change them so often? I changed my last set out with 5K on them and the still had at least 5K more left:shrug:

If you are spraying for those 200 miles and on race gas... maybe but still overkill IMO

AaronK

Established Member

Venom_nitrous

Established Member
Why do you change them so often? I changed my last set out with 5K on them and the still had at least 5K more left:shrug:

If you are spraying for those 200 miles and on race gas... maybe but still overkill IMO

Yes, I usually only race the car and I run race fuel all the time.

oceansidesam

Drive like you stole it!!
Established Member
Cool, I ordered the TR6's last night. Even had cash left over for a cobra grill emblem.
I looked up gapping and it sounds like .30 is the way to go. Chime in if you'd like.

Sweet, thanks fella's!

Users who are viewing this thread