spark plugs?? msd6al?

TX93Cobra

Established Member
i currently run tr55 copper ngk plugs gapped at .054. i noticed that the 93 cobras cam with platinum stock... is there any difference really???

also is there any reason really to get a msd 6al on a 9.75:1 motor with just a cam and the original heads?? i understand it gives mulitple spark at lower rpms and a rev limiter, anyone notice a difference after installing one??

buddha93

Established Member
As far as a MSD/Crane setup, the only time I noticed a difference is with a blower. If your looking to do something a little "extra", toss on a different coil. MSD and a few others make one this fits in the stock location and plugs into the factory harness.

Plugs, heck, I dunno. No doubt there is a difference, but so long as it fires up and runs without missing,etc., I 'm sure they're fine.

WillyB93

Established Member
Another good tip is if you pull the plug and inspect the firing part of the plug if it looks black and sooty your not getting enough "fire through the wire" or the plug isn't burning enough. Then you may look at getting a hotter plug, new coil, plug wires, or upgrade the whole ignition system! I would say with that setup maybe just another coil like buddha93 suggested or a hotter plug depending on what they look like when you pull a few of them to inspect.

TX93Cobra

Established Member
unless I'm mistaken, the stock AWSF-42C plugs aren't platinum

ya thats what i thought as well because that c on the part number stands for copper. i went to autozone and it says original equipment was platinum...i was like nah bs. so i checked it out on 1993cobra.com and it seems like they dont know for sure either bc a couple guys threw out part numbers that were for platinum plugs. As for the coil i have a blaster 2 coil going through msd wires and a msd distributor. i figured the 6al would be pointless really. do you guys know which coil sends more voltage? the msd tfi coil or the blasters?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread