spark plug problem again

silver2001cobra

Established Member
like the title states,this is the second plug that was blown out the head within 3 months.what`s the deal?the sad thing is ,it`s a fr500 head.Is there something i need to know about?what can i do to solve the problem?maybe i should get rid of the car,because this is becoming a pain.

Last edited:

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
fix it with a timesert...they are pretty damn strong...kit is a little pricy unless you can find a shop that has a kit...i think the kit is like 500 bucks...but you get lots of inserts with it...

97Stangv6

Distractions suck....
Established Member
4 threads own you is all i can say. Heli-coil/timsert, whatever only thing you can do unless you buy Jan 05 + cobra heads.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
A FR500 keeps blowing plugs?

Either a bad head or wrong/bad plugs. Or even you're not tightening them down enough.

silver2001cobra

Established Member
thanks guys ,i do put my own plugs in with no torque wrench maybe i need get a torque wrench.whats the torque on the plugs?

poneypower

They call me Shipwreck!
Established Member
VirtualSVT said:
I never torque them.

Just Good and tight.

German torque spec Goodentite! :) I torque mine but only because I am anal about that kinda stuff...and I have a torque wrench. 7-14ft lbs if I remember correctly course that is for a stock head. Not sure if there is a difference with that FR500 unit.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread