Spark Plug locations

Flooznie

Nuclear Reactor Operator
Established Member
forgive my stupidity, but where are the spark plugs at on my 03 Cobra? I tried looking on the outboard sides of the heads and I can't see the wires or distributor anywhere. Can anyone give me a clue? I posted on the tech forums with no reply.

Flooznie

Flooznie

Nuclear Reactor Operator
Established Member
so they are on the tops of the heads? That reminds me of the old flat head v8's.

1/2 bent

Established Member
lol i wondered the same till i got on here to find out. They are an easy change like that i found out. :D

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
You need to be careful when sticking the socket down into the hole. About halfway down, the tube is split and there is an O-Ring to seal the valve cover. If that O-Ring is protruding, and your socket pushes it down, you'll end up finding oil on top of your plug later on. Trust me on this one, removing the driver's side valve cover is a royal PITA. On my 98, the Ford Tech thought the easiest route was to drop the K-Member (with engine) about 6-8" down. The clutch cable and Master Cylinder are both in the way. Some have said that in addition (on the N/A motors) that the plenum and intake also must be removed (if you don't drop the engine). I don't know how much you have to pull on the 03&04s, but I would suspect that they are the same.

If you find an O-Ring protruding into the hole, get some silicone grease (I found a tube at NAPA) and smeare some on. That will help keep your socket from pushing it down and then pulling it up.

Users who are viewing this thread