Spark Plug.. How To??

kennster

Long Haired Lightning
Established Member
In the HOW TO section.....the changing spark plug 1 & 2 links....dont work anymore...is there another place to get the links?....thanks....Ken

kennster

Long Haired Lightning
Established Member
thanks wrxman.....thats what i was looking for....wanted to know what extentions i needed....i am gonna do the IC cleaning this weekend...wanted to make sure i have all the tools i needed....

i have a question about cleaning the IC...everyone talks about using brake cleaner....my buddy does air conditioning...he has a chemical....and uses a power washer to clean the condenser..on AC units.. will that work on our intercoolers???

Ken..thanks..

01GT5.4

Established Member
Is everyone still in a tose up in what plug is the best(performance wise)? I have been running the NGK TR6 but i am always up for something better.

smoke02

It's Cold Here
Established Member
Thank you Kennster for asking this! I noticed the same thing yesterday. With my skill level I think I need pics though.

x_man586

Going to UTI
Established Member
Pulling everything down to the intercooler will make it much easier to change the plugs. There are a couple of guys here that will tell you that the ngk's are crap and go with the iridiums, but I have ran ngk's for 2 years and not had a problem.

H1SLightning

got all done through to the last 2 on the drivers side and descided to check the forum. Looks Like I'll be removing the fuel rail. I have more than enough tools and time, but no patience! With the SC outta the way it is pretty nice but wish there was a lot more out of the way than that. Goood luck buddy!

tistan

Established Member
Is everyone still in a tose up in what plug is the best(performance wise)? I have been running the NGK TR6 but i am always up for something better.

My truck ran smoother with denso iraduims than it did with the ngks. Of course it should since the densos cost 5X as much. For the money tr6s can't be beat

H1SLightning

+1

I did it without removing the fuel rail. Lots of extensions and a 7mm wobbly.

Duh! I have toomany tools, I never thought that this was the one that I was really needing to do this. I have a s***load of extensions and wobblies of every shape and size. never thought that the combo I needed coulda been made easier for a few bux. I feel Tarded! Considering

Sears - Product Options

go here and type in 7mm 1/4" drive and you'll find the 7mm socket with the wobbly attached to it. It will fit under the fuel rail, opposed to the standard 1/4" wobbly with the 7mm socket attached! This creates clearance issues and will make the most adept shadetree mechanic think that the fuelrail needs removal! hopefully saved a headache or two!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread