Spark Plug Change?

Hye

Established Member
Outa Curiosity,
how hard is it to change the sparkplugs in the new 03's? Changing them in the ls1 is rather difficult, changing plugs in an lt1 camaro is extremely difficult.

About how long?

Thanks

Jim Vaccaro

Established Member
Originally posted by Hye
Outa Curiosity,
how hard is it to change the sparkplugs in the new 03's? Changing them in the ls1 is rather difficult, changing plugs in an lt1 camaro is extremely difficult.

About how long?

Thanks

Plugs are easy to change.They are right under the Plug covers.Pass side you just have to remove the Plastic tube from TB to mass air meter..
Whole job should take 30 min.

Jim V.

Hye

Established Member
Originally posted by KevinJKD
why is the camaro/firebird's engine halfway under the car?

guess thats just the design of the car..unlike the vette which the motor sticks out way more and is not tucked underneath as much...

thanx guys for the replies...im glad to know the plugs on those cars are a sinch

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by KevinJKD
why is the camaro/firebird's engine halfway under the car?
It's like the Dodge/Chrysler "Cab Forward" design. I don't know the engineering "whys", but it's the reason the dash goes on forever and the catalytic converter "hump" takes up half the passenger footwell. Same design prevents a true dual exhaust, because the other cat would make the same hump in the drivers footwell, so they use a Y-pipe that becomes dual after the tranny tunnel...

P.S. I've never owned an F-bod, so someone please correct me if I'm wrong, this is what I've been told by several owners and dealers...

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
oh ok, I see what you mean. I rode in a guys (I think 99-00) Firebird Trans-am with the ram air conversion, I always wondered what that hump was for, it was really uncomfortable. But the car was pretty powerful.

Cobra'03

Established Member
Originally posted by Hye

guess thats just the design of the car..unlike the vette which the motor sticks out way more and is not tucked underneath as much...

thanx guys for the replies...im glad to know the plugs on those cars are a sinch

Physics, kids, physics. All things being equal, it is preferable to have as much of the mass between the axles as possible. In the Corvette, the centerline of the front suspension has the engine almost completely behind it (if not 100%) behind.

Users who are viewing this thread