Spare tire

Bossillini

I’m looking for a Ford Donut spare tire that will fit on my 70 Boss 302. I’m told some of the early Cobras had the same 5 x 4.5 lug pattern. Apparently they didnt make that many of those models because I can’t find one on any salvage data base or on line. If someone knows of a collector who might have one they would like to part with my email is [email protected]

01yellercobra

Established Member
I think up to 2014 Ford used the same lug pattern on all Mustangs. Aside from the 4 lug. I think in 2015 something changed, but don't hold me to that. Are you trying to find something that will fit big brakes? Or do you just want the donut style spare? If you just want the donut even the V6 spare should work.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
I can't answer whether the backspace will work for you but 1994-2004 cars were all 5x4.5.

I have an original spare that has been collecting dust forever. I'm even close to you - I'm up in Bloomington. If you're inclined to come and get it you're welcome to have it.

amorrow

Established Member
Oh wow, just noticed all the central IL towns…I’m also from Lincoln and grew up on Illini Drive! Down in TX now though.

Yea 5x4.5 is the standard 5-lug pattern used in all Mustangs from the get go. But in case you weren’t aware ‘70 Boss 302s generally had the special “space saver” spare with smaller deflated size given the limited trunk space of the fastbacks/sportsroofs. They’re definitely available but collectible/pricey. I don’t have one avail but here’s an example on EBay. Boss302.com forum is also an excellent resource…bet there are plenty of guys on there who’ve hoarded a few and might let one go.

Last edited:

Bossillini

I can't answer whether the backspace will work for you but 1994-2004 cars were all 5x4.5.

I have an original spare that has been collecting dust forever. I'm even close to you - I'm up in Bloomington. If you're inclined to come and get it you're welcome to have it.
Either him or I'm in decatur with a spare you can have too

Sent from my SM-G988U using the svtperformance.com mobile app
I need to be in Decatur Wednesday Morning near DMH at 9:15. My email is [email protected] if I can stop by and pick it up after that it would be awesome. Thanks

Rob

Bossillini

Is there a time that I can come to Bloomington and pick up this spare? Im retired so my schedule is pretty flexible. I didnt receive a response to my last reply so I might not b doing this right but my email is [email protected]. Send me a note and we can make arrangements. Thanks

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread