Spare engine bay wire????

Blainer

SVT Poster
Established Member
Birthplace of Speed, Ormond Beach, Florida
So I am putting some things back together and notice a wire coming from the bundle in front of the fuel/return connections beside the regulator and I don't know where it goes??? It is one red wire with stripe and a small square connector with one female for the one wire.

Also coming from this point is the wires/connections for the Baro and Boost Actuator Solenoid. I just don't see where it goes. I looked in a wiring diagram but still...??? :rolling:

I have EGR delete with the EVR/EGR and DPFE removed but don't think it went there for the two plugs for those are just hanging out in the area! :??:

Thanks ahead!!!!!!!!!

Darren5.0L

Triple Supercharged!
Established Member
A picture would be helpful, but if you are on the passenger side of the engine the only thing I can think of are the Injectors, COP, and IAT2 sensor.

If you can get a photo I can probably get a look on my own truck for you.

Blainer

SVT Poster
Established Member
It was drivers side @ fuel/return connections. But... I found it! I pulled my SC off and found a plug that is at an intake tower that the fuel rail bolts to (Aft bolt). There is also one at the tower on the passenger side fuel rail bolt (Aft also). Don't know what it does yet. Almost looks like a ground point, but the wires are red and I wouldn't have thought they were grounds.

Thanks for the reply!

Back to getting the oil out of my intake (Must be a cup!) and changing to the 3/8 NPT plug on the lower intake... then oil seperator!:pepper:

Last edited:

Blainer

SVT Poster
Established Member
Not really building much. Had problems that I thought was the ECM when I melted O2 extension to header but a connection was loose after I fixed the cable, so I came back to a possible vacuum leak and I am putting a plug in the aft lower intake line and changing allot of other lines also. I was going to put in a torque converter and cams, but I really have to do some work to my other truck. So I am putting this together to get it running so I can work on other truck. When I get that one going I'll come back to my Lightning and pull the motor and do Torque converter and cams...

Last edited:

Darren5.0L

Triple Supercharged!
Established Member
What kind of ECM issues was the melted O2 extension giving you? I have an intermittent issue myself that defies all pin-point tests, and basically the next step is to replace the PCM.

Blainer

SVT Poster
Established Member
Well, before that happened I had a vacuum issue as my boost gauge was reading incorrectly. Every now and then it would read good. Then one day I was driving and my engine started running bad... chugging along I had to pull over. If I let it sit awhile it would start back up and after pedaling it started to run better, then after a certain amount of time it started running bad again. It gave me no codes and looking around noticed the O2 extension wires were melted to my header on the passenger side. I replaced it and it still ran bad. All fuses were good and I checked power to the PCM and it was good. So I figured the PCM fried, and ohmed from the O2s to the PCM and drivers read 6.5 and the passenger side was open, but that was the connection wasn't mated good on the new extension to the trucks wiring harness. I took my Predator to it and loaded stock tune in it, and reloaded my tune to it, so it looks like it was good... but no codes.

So now I am going back to the vacuum problem I had earlier. I am replaceing the line from the lower intake to get rid of that potential problem, and I found a slit in the line right at the output of the AIC to lower plenum. The ones going from upper plenum to the brake booster and Evap are looking rough and brittle. I am replacing all with AN lines. Right now I am using the EZ clamps, but eventually I will pull all the nipples and tap then with pipe threads so I can use the regular AN fittings.

You can't get a PCM, except used ones... if your lucky because most are included with an engine. If things get really bad... I looked around and MSD makes a modular engine control for the COPs. It can be run with or witout your PCM and connects directly to your stock sensors (Cam, Crank, Etc.) and COPs. It is made for people who revert back to a Carburator. I am going to look into it further, because I didn't see anything about a Supercharger, but you can change specs via a laptop and included program. I would machine a new upper plenum with the standard 4150 Carb. footprint. I am going to research turning the fuel injector ports on the intake to a Zex direct port injection NOS. Maybe threading the ports and make adapters that fill the port and accept the nozzles.

I was avidly searching for a PCM and could not get one and now realize mine may be good. But. that is when I started thinking about the future and being without them and possibly reverting back to a Carb. Some places will check your PCM for you, but thats as far as it will go, for they can't find any. There is an Ebay company that will check it for $169.99. I remember my part no. 4L3A-12A650-AUB off the top of my head...

What is your problem?

Users who are viewing this thread