Spanked some blown 4.6's

98gt281

Established Member
I was out tonight at the "spot" just chillin as usual, it is mostly dig races and my car is on street tires so theres really no point. I always hope to get some action on the feeders. Tonight I got just what I wanted, at about 1:30 this black bullitt rolls in with a nice blower whine and some skinnies up front, he had some DD Bullits in the back. I was thinking man I wanna run that ****er on the freeway. The other car was a silver saleen with black rims and a kenny bell blower, he usually runs froms digs but I got him to do some rolls.

Here is how it went, I am at a light with my buddy and the bullitt rolls up next to me, I aksed him to run and he didnt say anything, then i noticed him trying to start his car, something went wrong with his SCT chip and it would not start, so the light turns green and I park at JITB and run over to help the guy push his car across the feeder into the lot, as soon as we get in he gets it started and we roll out, he would only do a 1st gear roll at 1st and I spun my ass off and lost by about a car to 120, then I got him to do a 40 roll and ended up pulling 2 cars on him to 120 again. He pulls up and says he wanted to go faster in 2nd so I say ok, we line up at 45-50 and I pulled the same 2 cars on him.

This is where the saleen comes in, he rolls up from behind and kinda chills for a while, but after while he rolls up to me at about 30 and we honk it off, I beat him pretty bad, I shut down at 90 and was pretty far out on him. Then we all 3 lined up, but it was from like 10mph, I knew I was gonna spin but I tried anyway, we all take off and I am spinning bad, I shifted into 2nd at about 30mph, bogged and started picking up steam, I pass the silver saleen at about 70 and come running up on the bullitt, this ****er is pretty damn quick but I slowly realed him in and passed him past 100mph.

I talked with the kid in the saleen and he said it had a forged motor and he was waiting to get a smaller pulley, it was a badass looking car. The bullitt owner said he had a vortech and made 397rwhp, I figured with me at just over 400 it would have been even put the SS was able to pull him pretty nice especially up top, I love this car!

QuikGT

Banned
nice kills....yea its a whole different ball game coming from a 4.6 to an ls1 huh??? i know i used to pour money into an 02 gt.....what a waste that was.....

98gt281

Established Member
Yea, thankfully I never went to far with my GT, I had a buddy who did the VT Stage 2 heads and cams and lets just say it wasnt that fast, he got destroyed by ours buds bolt on SS. But oh well, live and learn, it does make a fun daily driver though.

2k1cobra

Established Member
QuikGT said:
nice kills....yea its a whole different ball game coming from a 4.6 to an ls1 huh??? i know i used to pour money into an 02 gt.....what a waste that was.....
Your time will come. ;-)

98gt281

Established Member
Oh I know all about 4.6 motors and what they can do, Im pretty sure the bullitt was stock heads/cams, and most likely stock shortblock as well. The saleen was running the stock pulley but he did say he had a forged shortblock. But I still love the fact that my cam/header SS can take down blown/bolt-on GT's, hehe.

2k1cobra

Established Member
98gt281 said:
Oh I know all about 4.6 motors and what they can do, Im pretty sure the bullitt was stock heads/cams, and most likely stock shortblock as well. The saleen was running the stock pulley but he did say he had a forged shortblock. But I still love the fact that my cam/header SS can take down blown/bolt-on GT's, hehe.
Yea thats when those extra cubic inches come in handy. Only if 4.6's gained as much hp with cams. :( Good kills

joegt38

Established Member
98gt281 said:
Not all of them!!!!

BTW nice kill.

Users who are viewing this thread