spanked a XLR-V...lol

98Snake03

I8URVET
Established Member
Aww poor rich boy....

Ouch

So, I was leaving work...

(Keep in mind I just filled up with 91 Shell gas, so I am on my 470hp tune. And I haven't put my new lower pulley on yet...)

So, as I was saying, I am leaving work and this young kid pulls up with his friend in a newer Caddy XLR-V and asks if I want to run 'em...

First I thought..." Are you serious moron?" then I grinned and I said "where?" so he slows down to about 15-20 with about a 1/4 mi stretch before traffic comes up...

I said "let's play!"

So in first....I said you go. He went and I spun as I pulled him....then I missed 2nd.

So we went again at a light with no traffic and I let him get the cushion and I nailed it...1st, 2nd spinning a decent amount and I pulled him maybe 3 cars...

So he motions for me to pull over, so I do...

Here's the funny part...

The passenger gets out and asks to see my motor....The driver is on the phone (probably telling daddy he got his ass kicked) and says it's stock?...yup. Lol... He claims he had 450 hp and to have beat a new C6...I call BULL(censored)

So the driver never says a word and drives off....typical rich (censored)tard that hates losing....

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Those V cars are pretty quick, I believe they have run as quick as 12.6s bone stock. Anyways, good kill.

BronzeGod

Banned
Rich kids usually can't drive to really show off the obscene amount of money they shelled out for a car. Excellent kill nonetheless, XLR-V's are fast.

99caddysts

Established Member
i don't see how the rich boy being a driver would have much to do with the outcome of the race (unless he's retarded). XLR-V's have a 6 speed auto.

Good kill nonetheless. Any 1/4 mile times?

98Snake03

I8URVET
Established Member

Not with the new setup. Before I got the port and lower, I ran 12.20-12.30's arounf 118-119ish, That was with a 2.8, cai, and cat back.....I think I made around 460/480

Juruense

Banned
The XLR-V is Cadillac's most expensive model to date, costing some $23,000 more than the next priciest Cadillac, the STS-V, and it's a huge risk for a division still in the midst of mustering a credible threat to the European luxury marques. But the focus cannot be on whether or not a $100,000 Caddy should exist-since one indisputably now does-but rather on whether it lives up to the lofty expectations created by its six-figure sticker price.

Ponying up all that dough secures the speediest Cadillac ever, thanks to a powerful, 443-hp, supercharged V-8, which accelerates the XLR-V from 0 to 60 mph in a claimed 4.6 seconds-an improvement of 1.2 seconds over the base XLR and just a tick behind the recently discontinued Mercedes-Benz SL55 AMG. In order to handle the higher pressures and temperatures produced by the Roots-style blower, Cadillac engineers had to substantially revise the base car's powerplant, a task that included decreasing displacement from 4.6 liters to 4.4 liters and adding beefier components, including a new block and heavy-duty pistons. It's nearly the same setup found in the STS-V, but there the Northstar pumps out 469 hp due to freer-breathing intake and exhaust plumbing that won't fit in the XLR-V, which requires a prominent hood bulge simply to make room for the supercharger.

Nearly as impressive is the Magnetic Ride Control, which processes wheel and road data once every millisecond. It's been upgraded for V-spec duty to include two settings. The default setting is a more comfort-oriented program-identical to the sole setting on the base car-that goes too soft before shoring up the supports, but the second mode, a sportier calibration chosen by tipping the gear lever into the manu-matic slot, keeps the car flat on initial turn-in and nicely balanced during aggressive cornering.

The XLR-V's gearbox, one of the General's first six-speed automatics, is extremely smooth in both automatic and manu-matic modes. But manual gearshifts are effected somewhat lazily, so it is imperative to plan shifts ahead of time in order that you don't find yourself suddenly testing the seatbelt when you hit the rev limiter. We wish there were shift paddles, too.

The steering is like a late-in-life Marlon Brando having a root canal: weighty but numb. It gains some feel over the base XLR's rack but still isn't communicative enough, a shortcoming it shares with the SL. This is, we suppose, a function of those cars' bizarre market niche, where hot-rod droptops must also serve as boulevardiers, able to cruise at parade speed as well as bomb down mountain passes.

Regular XLRs boast easily modulated brakes with short pedal travel, and the V's binders are also plenty strong-and fade-free-with upsized rotors measuring 13.4 inches up front and 13.0 inches at the rear. But the pedal feels spongy, and as a result the brakes aren't particularly confidence-inspiring.

Aesthetic changes are few. Besides the attractive V-series mesh grille and additional badging, the XLR-V gains exclusive eighteen-inch wheels, polished exhaust tips, and the hood bulge. The cabin has been gussied up with French seams and top-grade leather on the dash, door panels, and console, as well as on the protective roll hoops and their surrounding trim pieces. The fancier duds are unable, however, to disguise an interior that isn't especially noteworthy to begin with.

But is the XLR-V worth $100,000? Cadillac has priced the car to say "Hey! Here we are!" as much as for profits. In terms of performance, the XLR-V merits its steep sticker price. Six figures is a tall order, however, for a car that lacks the cachet, history, and gorgeous interior of a Jaguar XK or a Mercered-Benz SL. So, the answer is: Not quite. But drop in a more stylish cockpit and give it a few years-then ask us again...

red9450

Established Member
this is one of the more unusual cars I've seen raced on this board. Not because it's not capable, but because most people that drive those cars are old men and ladies.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
i don't see how the rich boy being a driver would have much to do with the outcome of the race (unless he's retarded). XLR-V's have a 6 speed auto.

Well rich kids are so use to their parents, or someone else, doing everything for them that the attention and precision required in excellent driving escapes them.

instantmassege

LS WHAT?
Established Member
why do you sound so cocky? lol how do you assume shit that he was on the phone crying to his dady? just because he is rich he is a prick? you think your car is goods gift to mankind?> why are you being a prick?:burn:

98Snake03

I8URVET
Established Member
why do you sound so cocky? lol how do you assume shit that he was on the phone crying to his dady? just because he is rich he is a prick? you think your car is goods gift to mankind?> why are you being a prick?:burn:

I reserve the right to call him whatever I want when he calls ME out and then when he gets beat, has HIS passenger get out of HIS car to talk to me while the guy who CALLS ME OUT stays in the car on the phone...

Cocky? Never

I just call it as I see it.

And in no way is my car "good's gift" it's God's gift, so get it right....j/k Seriously though. My car isn't anything more special than the next car....I just had a good kill due to the fact he called me out and then wouldn't talk to me after I beat him pretty good and then I pulled over and he followed me....

Last edited:

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
Good kill.

I had a kid in a newer caddy try to race me in the city last year. He went by and slammed the brakes on and kept looking over his shoulder waiting for me to catch up. So I slowed down also. Eventually he floored it and took off - showed me LOL

Users who are viewing this thread