Southern Super Heavyweight Shootout

MarauderTJA

# 2 Procharger Marauder
Established Member
We need to start working on some serious representation at this event at Atlanta Dragway in Commerce, Georgia. (1.5 hr north of Atlanta off I-85) for Saturday, November 5, 2005. Great area as well to bring the wife/girlfriend as the Tanger Outlet Mall is right next door. We play with our cars, they play in the stores....Great food in the area as well.

This event is restricted to cars 3800 lbs or greater. It has been traditionally a Chevy SS Impala annual drag race event. The group has extended the drag day to all heavyweight cars such as MK VII and VIII Lincolns, Marauders and any heavy Ford. I am told that some Dodge Magnums, 300C's and Chargers will also be registering. Check out the participant list to see the cars (a couple of 04 GTO's) and where the drivers are from around the country. Pretty impressive. We here at the Florida Sunshine State Marauder club should have several cars there. I have registered ($65. for a driver & guest) and I know at least 6 more that are going as well. Get registered and let's represent.

I will be posting this event on the MM.net board as well. I personally will be getting t-shirts made up (Supercharged - Mercury Marauder Race Team) and giving them free to all participants that register with me. This is includes n/a cars, nitrous or blower Marauders. Just would like to show the Chevy boys that we are represented as well as teach them respect for cars that are 70 c.i. smaller. Those in Florida, we are working on a caravan up to GA with the Florida Impala club here off of I-75/FL Turnpike in Wildwood for Friday morning. Should be a cool right up.

Information on the event can be found at http://www.sshs5.com as well as information at the host hotel (Hampton Inn) where most of the action will be Friday & Saturday night. If you are going, please PM me so I can put you on the list as well as your T-shirt size (L-2XL).

Hope to see you there. It should be a blast :pepper:

TOM, Cape Coral, Florida

Last edited:

klmore

Established Member
I'm thinking about it. It is going to have to be a last minute deal for me. I need to see how my work schedule will shake out. :D

Last edited:

MarauderTJA

# 2 Procharger Marauder
Established Member
klmore said:
I'm thinking about it. It is going to have to be a last minute deal for me. I need to see how my work schedule will shake out. :D

Would be great for you attend. Let me know as the time gets closer. Thanks.

DJP

Established Member
MarauderTJA said:
Would be great for you attend. Let me know as the time gets closer. Thanks.

WTR (Way To Rep), Tom.

I'm sure you will raise some eyebrows and get due props. When it's all said and done, don't forget to show 'em the glitter under the hood. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

MarauderTJA

# 2 Procharger Marauder
Established Member
DJP said:
WTR (Way To Rep), Tom.

I'm sure you will raise some eyebrows and get due props. When it's all said and done, don't forget to show 'em the glitter under the hood. :thumbsup:

Thanks. Will do. Hpoefully we will get more Marauders invovled. Right now I think there are three. I know more from Florida will be going.

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
I'm still waiting to see if I get the time off from work myself. This event sounds like it could be a great time. Throw some Impallas into the mix with us and who knows what will happen :D

Smokie

Established Member
I haven't registered yet but I will be there, my very first time ever at a track was SSHS3, had a blast!!!

MarauderTJA

# 2 Procharger Marauder
Established Member
Smokie said:
I haven't registered yet but I will be there, my very first time ever at a track was SSHS3, had a blast!!!

Cool Javier, glad you are going. We are planning a caravan up on Friday morning. it should be a blast.

TOM

klmore

Established Member
klmore said:

Well that was quick. I'm out that is the week of SEMA and I will be in Vegas that weekend.

DEFYANT

Adm!nistrate This.....
Established Member
OK, I am going to check the work schedule. Being on its on Saturday, I need Friday off to get there...

DefyantWife is already :nonono: :nono: .

All the more reason to go, I say :lol1: :burnout:

Boilermaker

KOBRAETR
Come one! Come all!! We love the competition and fraternity with all gearheads. If you like to go fast or you're looking to pick the brains of some of the best drag/street racing minds from around the country, THIS WILL BE THE PLACE TO BE!!!! Oh, and there's a car show, too!

And NO ONE puts on a pre-race or post-race party like we do.

A little teaser from SSHS4
http://jailerss.com/video/sshs4teaser.wmv
Parking lot (reason for no more burnouts at hotel and BIG$ repair bill paid by GASSIT and the hotel STILL invited us back! go figure)
http://www.imagestation.com/album/index.html?id=2403140093

MarauderTJA

# 2 Procharger Marauder
Established Member
Defyant said:
OK, I am going to check the work schedule. Being on its on Saturday, I need Friday off to get there...

DefyantWife is already :nonono: :nono: .

All the more reason to go, I say :lol1: :burnout:

Come on, get the time, swap out days off with another guy. We need more Marauders there. Get your Marauder race team t-shirt... :pepper:

TooManyFords

carpe noctum.
Established Member
Yes! Another blown Marauder registered!

Anyone got a link to the hotel to book a room for this event? Where are all the Marauders staying? How many days do I need to reserve?

Thanks!

john

HwyCruiser

Procharger #3
Established Member
It looks like I'm going to be able to make this also.

I called the host hotel Hampton Inn and unfortunately they told me they are sold out. Even inquired about the Impala club block. No rooms.

The SSHS5 site lists the Ramada Ltd across the interstate as possible overflow. Anyone else late with accommodations going to stay there? Anyone with a double at the Hampton want to spilt the bill Friday and Saturday night?

How ever the Plan B accommodations work out, I'm anticipating having a blast down there with you guys!

HwyCruiser

Procharger #3
Established Member
:-D
MarauderTJA said:
Absolutely Cool JD :pepper: That makes FIVE Procharger Marauders will be there to represent :rockon: .

Yup, and I figure my car is the mildest of the bunch (please don't pick on the slow kid). I hope you guys are reading up on the NHRA rules for your anticipated ETs.

The SSHS5 site says they will be looking for driveshaft loops on 12.99 or quicker cars. I've already got one on order from Metco. Looks like if you break 11.99 they'll be looking for a roll bar. Ya'll running the 360 pulley better watch your trap speeds or you'll be sitting in the stands.

:poke:

Users who are viewing this thread