Southern Cali: Kenne-bell 1997 Red Cobra with terminator shortblock

bvysochin

Established Member
Up for sale is a 1997 Rio Red with around 90k original miles. Purchased the car back around 2008 with a blown engine.. Replaced the shortblock with one out of a low mileage terminator. New bolts, new gaskets, new oil pump, etc. Has a kennebell on it--I believe it's the older 1.5 unit, maybe the 1.7. Tan leather interior. Has the kennebell BAP. Paint is in fairly good condition, interior likewise. Car is currently not running and is registered PNO (there are some backfees, cannot remember exact amount). The car was running when I purchased it, and drove it into my garage before disassembly, so all the pieces should be there, everything just needs to be buttoned up. The motor is currently just resting on the motor mounts, transmission is off to the side, along with the catted bassani X-pipe. The car currently has '98 cobra wheels. The rear tires are in great shape (car was on jack stands to keep load off tires while it was being stored). The right front rim had some curb damage, but was holding air just fine. However, over the years, it has deflated. For this reason, the car will include the damaged wheel, along with some additional spare wheels. Had plans to finish the car up, but since buying it, I have moved 3 times, purchased a house, have had two kids, with one more coming in June.. and unfortunately no longer have the time. I'll be glad to answer all questions and provide whatever pictures are desired..

Would prefer to sell it complete. I know what I have into it and I'm not expecting to get all my money back, but at the same time, I don't want to take a huge loss.

I'd take $6500 for the entire car, complete with the forged motor and KB.

Will try to wash the car and take pictures in the next few days.

Here's a pic back from 2008, car looks the same, nothing has changed.

P1060511.jpg

bvysochin

Established Member
Car is in Ojai, west Ventura County--about 2 hours north of orange county.. Not sure on numbers, never quite got that far. Should be a fun daily driver for someone once it's all buttoned up. I own a trailer, so delivery may be possible, assuming the buyer looks at/pays for the car in advance.

Last edited:

bvysochin

Established Member
Thanks. Since browsing the forums, I'm tempted to get back into it and just finish it up myself. Too many projects, not enough time!

bvysochin

Established Member
A few pics taken today. The interior could use a good cleaning, as it's been covered by a thick uhaul blanket for the last few years, to protect it from the sun.

IMG_20130425_152240_808_zpsdf789af6.jpg

IMG_20130425_152306_945_zps7c2a66f9.jpg

The existing steering wheel is worn. So I purchased a newer one, to replace it. It'll be included.

IMG_20130425_152344_594_zps02a601f5.jpg

IMG_20130425_152358_767_zpsf51dedd6.jpg

IMG_20130425_162605_192_zpscacef94c.jpg

IMG_20130425_162310_455_zpsf01a2615.jpg

bvysochin

Established Member
First $4500 can have the car.. nothing has changed, still sitting as it has been. Someone is going to get a smoking deal. Green cash only, no haggling, no offers, please. Whatever mustang stuff I have will be included, gauges, pods, etc. I need the room back. No delivery available, you'll need to come with a trailer, or have AAA tow it home. Eight zero five, two 8 5, two seven, three seven.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread