South Florida Pulley mods

nsreed

Established Member
Anybody out there purchased and installed South Florida Pulley's 03 Cobra parts yet??
I spoke with the owner Terry Reals at length. He seems to have a solid background on our cars. As well as a long time history in the business.
I ordered the 2.93" pulley (12.5 lbs boost), Gatorback belt, flip-chip and NGK-TR6 plugs to do the pulley swap. I have received everything but the flip-chip. That should be here today.

Terry told me combined with my FR500 exhaust and K&N system I have on the car, after installing the pulley items, I should gain 70 plus h.p. at a minimum.
Has anyone installed a new pulley & chip no matter what make yet???, I would like to hear from you about the process!

Thanks
NSR
Web site: www.southfloridapulleyhq.com
Everything you need is in stock. He is also offering different size pulleys and many other items.

nsreed

Established Member
Thank you

J.B.

I will try and get in contact with SonicMike to see how it all went. I'll take digital photos along the way as I install it. Also let everyone know the end results.
Thanks again
Ned:beer:

iistrading

Established Member
Re: South Florida Pulley Headquarters (SFPH)

I had our two new 02 Lightning pickups "drop shipped" from a TN dealer to their Ft. Pierce, FL office in route to St. Croix. SFPH installed the Dial-A-Boost upper pulleys, 3 lb. lower pulleys, flip chips, 4:10 rear ends, electric fans, cobra water pumps, Ford Racing oval throttle bodys, NOS, drive shaft loop kits, NOS pressure gauges, boost contoller modules, Lotek double gauge pillar pods including boost and air/fuel guages, transmission value body kits, adjustable fuel pressure regulator kits, Hypertech 160 degree thermostats, airaid cold airbox kits, NGK and TR6 plugs.

I have continued to receive support from them with any questions, product issues or required assistance.

Last edited:

SonicMike

Established Member
Yes, I have it installed.
A couple of important points:
1. Be sure the model numbers etched into the hub are facing the front of the car.
2. Put antiseize on the S/C shaft before installing the hub. If you are concerned that the antiseize is not a good idea, don't worry. That hub is not going anywhere once it's on.
3. Don't put the hub on too far. This will cause mis-alignment with the idler pulleys. (This is where that anti-seize can be a big help)
4. If you are unsure anywhere in the process, call Terry. He is all about satisfied customers, and will go to seemingly any length to ensure this.

By the way, I don't have my chip yet either. I went with a Diablo Deltachip. Should be here today or tomorrow.

Mike

03Coupe

Established Member
Did anyone with the smaller pulley have to rewire that boost valve yet?

03Cobra

nsreed

Established Member
To: SonicMike

Mike-
Thanks for the info. All looks pretty straight forward. In fact, putting the new chip in looks like the hardest part of it.
I am really curious about a power difference in your car. How do you like the added boost. Pros or cons??
I know it willl run even better when you get the chip installed. Terry emailed me and mine was burned today so I will have it this week I hope.
Would like to know the difference you feel in power.
Thanks
Ned Reed

SonicMike

Established Member
I was surprised by the power increase. In fact, I had a custom chip ordered that was supposed to correct my speedometer in preparation for 4.10 gears. The minute I got back from my test drive after changing the pulley, I emailed the Diablo rep. to cancel the gear change correction.
It just pulls so much harder with the 2.93 pulley that combined with the 4.10s it would lose much of its "streetability".
It's just a very slight overstatement to compare it to a 75 shot of nitrous. I'm sure results and opinions will vary.
To put this in more perspective, I installed my offroad X-pipe and Magnaflow catback the week before and felt only a slight power increase (although a tremendous sound improvement).
On the negative side, it seems to have increased underhood temps by quite a bit. I think the hood blanket mod is in my future.

Mike

HAVEIGHT 13R

Established Member
Congrats on the pulley change. And it does feel like a shot of NOS going into second gear and it pulls hard! Glad to here you love it.
I am going to a smaller pulley yet!:thumbsup:

SonicMike

Established Member
I've got the 2.80 sitting in a box ready to go on, but I'm a little nervous. If you put yours on, let us know!

wyd_trkr

-
Established Member
Originally posted by SonicMike
I've got the 2.80 sitting in a box ready to go on, but I'm a little nervous. If you put yours on, let us know!

SonicMike, just for everyones information here, we are having all of our Performance Super Chip & Performance Flip Chips tuned to not only run on 93 octane pump fuel, but to also accept the 2.80" DUB SC Pulley. For those who are installing the DUB 2.93" SC Pulley, there will be a Safety Margin built in here on the topend charge to be a little richer to handle the added boost.

Maximizing the Fuel Curve tables, in running higher boost levels on 93 octane fuel programming is good, however if customers mix say 3 gallons of 104 to 5 gallons of 93, this will bring the octane level up to 97 or 98 octane for Ultimate Performance. Using this recipe, the consumers will experience even greater gains in this performance area.

Hope this helps, as we tune these chips to produce Ultimate Performance, throughout the entire power band with running higher levels of boost, regardless to using a 2.93" or 2.80" DUB SC Pulley.

Last edited:

SonicMike

Established Member
Terry,
Any word on the 3.2 and 3.4 pulleys? I, and at least one other guy here (can't remember his name) are interested.
By the way, the reason I am worried about putting the 2.80 on, is because I don't have a chip yet. Once the chip is on, the 2.80 goes on. (Hopefully later today)

Mike

wyd_trkr

-
Established Member
Originally posted by SonicMike
Terry,
Any word on the 3.2 and 3.4 pulleys? I, and at least one other guy here (can't remember his name) are interested.
By the way, the reason I am worried about putting the 2.80 on, is because I don't have a chip yet. Once the chip is on, the 2.80 goes on. (Hopefully later today)

Mike

Mike, as it stands right now, we will have the Optional 3.2" & 3.4" DUB SC Pulleys in the next 3 weeks. Also, with using a 2.80" DUB SC Pulley, we have taken into consideration, with running higher boost, that we have definitely made the A/F ratio a little bit more "Richer" on the topend charge to handle this extra boost, with our programming of the Chips, as mentioned in the post earlier, even with using 93 octane pump fuel. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread