South FL. Ford owners --Delray Lincoln Mercury Rocks!

rmgtc01

Established Member
So just FYI for those of you who need any kind of service for your ford....

I was referred by Ed Zerbe, who heads up the chapter here in South. FL.

1st experience:
I had a squeaky idler pulley on the day before thanksgiving of last year.
They were swamped and it looked like I would have to deal with it. But Richard in the Service Dept. took it back to a tech just to look at it to be sure it would okay till I got back. Keith a mechanic said to pull it in, he could swap it out really quick.
So, about an hour later I was on my way. Awsome.

2nd experience
My conv. top was becoming very loose and flapping alot with slack. Not too the point were it was coming off, but with a very noticeable droop.
So I send an email to Joe Sassin and tell him the top is loose, the staples are coming out, and I have a slight hole above the rear window.
He writes me back within the hour and asks for my info (name, Vin #, address, etc.) and then puts one on order and says it may take up to 2 weeks.
I get a call 2 weeks later to schedule an appt. and take it in on Monday morning. They didn't have any loaners. They take me over to the car rental and covered up to $28 dollars for a rental, but I had to spring for the $45 dollar 05 Cherokee laredo. It was all they had at the time, b/c they were busy I already waited for a few hours.
Well, they realized that the top was 2 pieces and did not have the rear window piece. They emergency order it and it gets there the next day.
Got the call to pick it up today(friday)
So I get it back and it looks awsome. Brand new top, tight as anything, and great job too. Can't beat the warranty when it comes to high price replacements/labor.
They didn't hesitate to take my word for it, and took the car with no questions asked once I showed them the top. Great Service, Highly recommend for anyone needing service.
SVT members get complimentary car wash and detail, but I did not get it b/c pressure washer was down at the time.

Anywho, not bad for 4 days, (would have been 2 if the other piece was there at the same time)but top looks super, no more flapping and whistleling. yeah!! :banana:

rmgtc01

Established Member
Sweet!

The top is really tight now, but I think it is affecting the top motors. It goes down with the quickness..almost too fast, and then stops on the way up. I have to get out and help it along, little by little. Very annoying. Also I saved the TSB on the hood paint and I am going to show it to them. Called Mark in the Service Dept. to try and schedule, but never got a call back.
My service guy must be on vacation, since he hasn't returned my phone call.
At least I hope. Don't want to have to edit the original post.

Users who are viewing this thread