South Eastern PA subframe connector installers?

cbehr

Established Member
Looking to have a set of subframe connectors installed but striking out finding anyone who can do it AND has a drive on lift. I'm also a bit nervous just to have any random guy who can weld install them.

I'm in the Lancaster county area but am willing to drive if someone from the are knows of a reputable shop.

ITSTOCK

Established Member
JD’s Auto Repair & Performance Center did a couple sets for me. They are expensive but they did a good job. VERY clean work.

I now use Precision Chassis for anything chassis related, but you are more than likely going to have a long wait. For anything chassis related in PA, they are the place to go.

I'd recommend both. They are 100% reputable.

Dib14gt

Established Member
Looking to have a set of subframe connectors installed but striking out finding anyone who can do it AND has a drive on lift. I'm also a bit nervous just to have any random guy who can weld install them.

I'm in the Lancaster county area but am willing to drive if someone from the are knows of a reputable shop.

Hey Lancaster Pa here to. You Try Johnny lightning performance??

cbehr

Established Member
Thanks guys, I checked with Johnny Lightning they said they charge around $300 depending on time...thought that was a bit excessive. Pretty sure most say it takes about an hour or a little more to install them.

I'll reach out to JD's and Precision, they are a little farther away than JL but I'll check them out!

ITSTOCK

Established Member
Thanks guys, I checked with Johnny Lightning they said they charge around $300 depending on time...thought that was a bit excessive. Pretty sure most say it takes about an hour or a little more to install them.

I'll reach out to JD's and Precision, they are a little farther away than JL but I'll check them out!

$300 is insanely cheap. If you think that is excessive, don't bother calling the shops that I suggested.

Dib14gt

Established Member

JLP does great work and he’s close...,

Snake82

Established Member
I had mine done at DGR in Dillsburg. Also, he does my tuning, definitely recommend.

FYI, some shops just get the car on blocks at first, so it’s under load, and then tack in the sfc’s and then finish the job with the car on a rotary lift. So you technically don’t need a drive-on. That’s what they did for me, and I would do it again.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

cbehr

Established Member
$300 is insanely cheap. If you think that is excessive, don't bother calling the shops that I suggested.

I thought I read on here it only takes about an hour to install them? I’m fine pairing a fair wage but $200-$300 am hour seems high for welding? Am I wrong....does it take longer to install them?

ITSTOCK

Established Member
I thought I read on here it only takes about an hour to install them? I’m fine pairing a fair wage but $200-$300 am hour seems high for welding? Am I wrong....does it take longer to install them?

I paid $400 through JD's in 2016, and a chassis shop typically marks up the smaller jobs to make it worth their time so it would be even more than that. I wanted a place with a drive on lift and wouldn't sacrifice that, but with that said, you can get the same results with jacking on blocks under the wheels. It's a couple hour job to do it correctly; align the connectors, mark the rails, grind the paint, remove the seats, pull some carpet, weld, clean the welds, reassemble, undercoat the welds.

Users who are viewing this thread