South Carolina Cobra owners

Cobraprinces

We luv Mysti!
Established Member
We recently moved to SC and just had a really terrible experience with Pulliam Ford in Columbia. The passenger side front caliper failed and it took them all of 6 days to get the part and replace it. Then when we picked up Mysti the pedal was soft and mushy.:fm: The service rep said it stops. :bash: I proceeded to explain to him and his boss how the service was not up to par. It was classic when I opened the hood and the tech had forgotten to put the cap back on the brake fluid resivoir. The service manager was kind enough to put it back on. We drove home and I bled the brakes myself and the pedal is firmer but travels more than I remember it doing

So the question is ... Who in the Lexington / Columbia SC area can we take our Cobra to and get reliable service done when needed? :poke:

cobrajim

Established Member
svt dealer/rep in sc

try tom at satcher ford in columbia or chip at refearn ford in lugoff. tom is the sales manager at satcher ford and chip is our dealer rep. also the scsvtoa is having a meeting on aug 21 in chapin, about 30 miles west of columbia. later, jim..'03 cobra in charleston, sc. :beer:

SilverSerpent

Established Member
Sorry you had some problems at Pulliam Ford.Pulliam is the only place I take my cobra.I only deal with one Mech.and he is the only one that touches the car.He has helped me out a lot.Don`t know too much about Satchers.Take the Company van in for oil changes sometimes.As for Bob Bennett ford No ThankYou.

GodStang

Established Member
We have a satcher ford in aiken sc about 30 mins from lexington. did great work on my 01 and 03 cobra.

blownchic

I've also had horrible experience(S) at Pulliam Ford... my 03 had the 'stall' issue and I'd always have it towed up there hoping they could duplicate or fix the problem... the ignorant service tech dude told me that I had low fuel and that's why the car kept cutting off... :poke: B.S!!!!! He kept talking down to me like I didn't know what kinda car I had or as though I didn't know how to drive stick... I then received a letter in the mail from their customer service dept asking how my experience was, I called up there and spoke to the chick that sent the letter and told her exactly what was going on and how the service tech guy was really disrespectful and all she had to say was "Well, you're the first person to complain about him, so I don't know what to tell you"... (Ford Motor Company ended up buying the cobra back from me because according to SVT it was a 'known' problem with the 03s and they didn't have any idea how to fix it)... Ever since then I had been dealing with Bob Bennett... Jeremy Winters was the service tech I dealt with at Bob Bennett and Now he's switched to Pulliam!!!!!!! :cuss:

Cobraprinces

We luv Mysti!
Established Member
Thanks for the opinions guys ... as an update ... the pedal is back the way it was before the caliper failed ... only slight travel and nice and firm .. looks like it took a few day for the pads to get 'grooved' to the rotor ... I was in it the other day doing a long needed cleaning to the interior and discovered that the drivers side head rest is loose / broken ... that undoubtedly happened when the guys in the upolstery shop were 'fixing' the air bladder for the lumbar support ... not sure what to do about that one ... but I would like to drive over and ask the service manager if he knows how much a seat costs for an 03/04 cobra .. much less a mystic one ... cars is back to being fun to drive but this all just takes away from my svt experience and gives me pause for the desire to get an adrenalin in 07 or may be a GT500 .. kinda sucks that the car owner is a better mechanic than the folks that are supposed to be trained to work on his car ...

Keep us posted on meetings of the scsvtoa .. would love to get out to some meets ... we went to a few with the Baton Rouge gang before we moved out here

HPCobra04

Established Member
I just moved to lexington, and i got my 04 at bobb bennett, and i dealt with jeremy alot, i still go to bob bennett. They have been real good to me. Where do you live in lexington.

Cobraprinces

We luv Mysti!
Established Member
We are just west of the high school ... the neighborhood we moved into has a Mystic Vert in it too ... cant be many places that have that take place

blownchic

Cobraprinces said:
We are just west of the high school ... the neighborhood we moved into has a Mystic Vert in it too ... cant be many places that have that take place

My friend and her boyfriend live in that neighborhood... I've seen that vert mysti (imo they should not have switched to those wheels)... and I've seen yours like at the end of the road. The first time I went to visit them I was like "Damn i've never seen so many cobras in one trip" Your Car looks good!

Last edited by a moderator:

HPCobra04

Established Member
MelanaB said:
My friend and her boyfriend live in that neighborhood... I've seen that vert mysti (imo they should've switched to those wheels)... and I've seen yours like at the end of the road. The first time I went to visit them I was like "Damn i've never seen so many cobras in one trip" Your Car looks good!

Do you drive a torch red by any chance with borla exhaust.

HPCobra04

Established Member
I know of you, I know a guy at one of my part time job that says he knows you or used to date you, dunno, and i heard you had a crash in cobra. Hope everything is ok. Oh yea his name is torrie.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread